Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory equipped turbo'd 6.2 in later blazers?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rjfguitar, Jan 15, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

factory equipped turbo\'d 6.2 in later blazers?

I am about to buy another blazer that is an 87' TBI 350 for 1,500 bucks but I don't really wan't another gas blazer. I am thinking I will just turn around and sell it for 3 or 4K and look for an 88-91' diesel blazer with hopefully the factory option turbo 6.2.
    My question is...does anybody have the later factory option banks turbo'd 6.2 in there 87-91? I haven't seen one for sale yet but I really wan't one.Are they so rare they are almost non existant? Also if someone does have one, how well do they perform?
    thanks

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Re: factory equipped turbo\'d 6.2 in later blazers?

My uncle had one, but this was a long time ago. I dont remember what year it was, but i do remember that it had plenty of power.

If you can make the profit on that '87, you could buy an older 6.2 equipped one and put on the Sidewinder kit /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: factory equipped turbo\'d 6.2 in later blazers?

[ QUOTE ]
    My uncle had one, but this was a long time ago. I dont remember what year it was, but i do remember that it had plenty of power.

If you can make the profit on that '87, you could buy an older 6.2 equipped one and put on the Sidewinder kit /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I got the 87' for cheap because the I know the guy and he needed to get rid of it plus the fuel pump was shot and it is a very clean truck. I think I could get 3 or 4K for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I wan't the later model ones because I love the newer front grille on the 89-91's, along with a bunch of other creature comforts that they have over the older models. ANother thing is the 700's were good in the later models and junk in the earlier ones.