Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory fiberglass half-top for '73-'75's????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73k5blazer, May 27, 2003.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Factory fiberglass half-top for \'73-\'75\'s????

Have I been drinking too much, or did GM really make these for '73-75's.

Half top

2. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Re: Factory fiberglass half-top for \'73-\'75\'s????

I don't know. Be interesting to find out though

I know they made them for the 69-72 models (actually think that they got a contractor to make them for them)

I guess that auction is if you have made your 2nd gen. a full convertible and want to put a top on? Wonder if that is a 1st gen. top?

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

There were a couple companies that made them but it was aftermarket and not a factory or dealer option. They show up from time to time. There is a fiberglass company that makes a fiberglass truck cab with a removable top that looks like you could make it work. Link should be available in the links post at the top of the page. US Body works I think is the name.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I know US Body makes them, I just happen to have a full fibergalss US body '73 K5 Body.(Sorry, trucks not done yet...mabey by next summer....) But they have only made those half tops for a few years (like 10 at the most).
    Interesting about the after market, I've got a few "aftermarket" catalogs from that era, as well as the official GM accessories catalog, and I've never seen a half top like that, guess that's why I asked.......

Ken