Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Five Racing...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Feb 18, 2007.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Went on a tour of a place near here in Wareham MA yesterday,that builds "kit" cars ,that are clones of the Ford Cobra's,and another model called the "GTM",that looks a lot like a Ferrari!..they had one on display with a late model Corvette engine planted right behind the front seats,coupled to a Porche transaxle, a six speed!..thing looks hotter than a Feraari,and you can buy one sans drivetrain for about 20K..they are custom designed to fit whatever "donor" car you specify your using to supply the drivetrain from..

It was very interesting to see the chassis being assembled on jigs,fiberglass body panels being molded,and they have quite an operation there--they are looking to expand,their 2000 sq.ft warehouse is jammed with tools,machines,welders,jigs,car bodies,parts,etc,and they want to move to a larger facility!..guy claimes they sell 12-15 kits a WEEK!..over 15 brave souls DROVE their Ford Cobra replica's to the "Moochfest" from NH and CT,150+ people came ,the largest one so far!..must have been a chilly ride with no roof that far!..(I thought one womans boobs would rip thru her coat,they were so stiff from the cold ride!..:D )

"Moochfest" is the name for their once a year free food feast and factory tour!!..we feasted on FREE "Subway" sub sandwiches,soda and chips,etc..I bet the food cost 500 bucks easy!..it was a great change from the boredom here,and the best part is my brother took me there,so I didn't have to even drive!..plus it cost me zilch!..

Factory Five Racing has a web site,but I don't recall it,have to look it up on "google"...check it out,they have some cool cars!..:crazy:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A good friend of mine from school works there as a fabricator. They make some interesting stuff. He lives in Middleboro.

3. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

helped a friend build a cobra ffr few years back pretty much a bolt on deal with a 5.0 Mustang donor car.

4. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

I'de love to see that place. Or own it.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

small world!...

I worked in Middleboro most of my life at various parts stores and garages,and junkyards!..

I never knew Factory Five Racing existed,or where they were located in Wareham..but once I found the place,I knew exactly where I was,I have driven dozens of used cars home from Robertson's GMC right down the street,for my friends used car lot !..I live about 20 miles from the factory!..

It's a very high end operation there,I was impressed with the quality and the fact they make nearly 100% of the car on site..:crazy:

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Ive looked into their kit cars... Definetly cool!

I would love to do the daytona coupe :drool::D

The GTM is ENTIRELY their design, from the ground up...

Btw, I race in Middleboro. Theres a very good track int eh middle of the cranberry bogs.

Btw www.factoryfive.com

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now thats sexy:eek1::D

8. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

:rolleyes: New DD...

Note to self: "raise Life Ins."

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator