Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory GM late model interior upgrades for our 2nd gens?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Just curious if anybody has taken factory GM late model interior pieces, whether they are dash pieces, overhead consoles, rearview mirrors, etc and incorporated them into our interiors. I would like to "modernize" my interior just a bit by possibly adding an overhead console, compass/temp rearview mirror, just little things of that sort.

As always if you do post up them pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: Late model interior upgrades for our 2nd gens?

Any of this help????????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bill

3. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

i used a salvage rear view mirror with the map lights and wired them up to the lighted vanity power supply. if i were doing it again, i'd search the yards for some late model toyotas(gulf states toyota likes to add them onto their cars to jack up the prices) to grab an auto dimming/compass/temp type thing.

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I haven't thrown them in yet, but I have a full set of map/dome lights from a 90's Burb, and the visors with the lighted vanity mirrors.
    I installed a rear view mirror out of a Lumina with the map lights (that is really nice) and I installed a set of power mirrors off of a full size van onto my Burb. I love having the big power mirrors!
    I also have installed a LED 3rd brake light from a 90's burb on the rear of my rig too.
    I tossed in a steel horse overhead console and got an overhead console from an 89 Burb to put in it as well.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have a rear view mirror from an S-10 with the map light I was gonna put in the 76. Been also looking at some of the overhead consoles from a newer burb. But nothing installed yet.

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

id like to see a pic or yur 3rd led brake lite installed please. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. tungsten

tungsten 1/2 ton status

8. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

thanks. much appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

The hardest part was triming out that wing so it looked stock.
    IT works great unless you turn on the hazards, then it flashes too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I need to get a logic circuit to make it work right all the time.