Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory oil cooler for 89 blazer

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 4X4HIGH, Mar 3, 2002.

1. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am looking for a factory oil cooler for an 89 blazer. going to use as a tranny cooler mounted opposite side of oil cooler. Someone local to me would be best, but if price is right including shipping i will buy.

2. hotstuff

hotstuff 1/2 ton status

I have a slightly used heavyduty tranny cooler for 25 bucks plus 16.00 shipping.
    hotstuff

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

i have the stock one from a 1986 with hoses and local sent you a direct e also

4. 4X4HIGH

So doc, $50.00 delivered for oil cooler and lines? The cooler doesn't leak does it? How are the lines?

5. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I've got a factory GM oil cooler. Was told it is a 454 engine oil cooler, not sure. About 8"x11"x 1 1/4" thick, stacked plate style. Looks in pretty good shape. If Fremont is anywhere near Milpitas, I'll throw it in the truck and bring it along for you to look at. Looks to me it would be a very good trans cooler but for engine oil, I prefer larger lines going in. These look to be about 1/2". If intersted, hows $10 sound? Let me know ASAP, as I'll be leaving Lynden & heading south about 3pm today.

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

make sure the valves in the unit where the lines go in and the oil filter screws on are funtioning , i almost lost my motor to that . so i have a NIB one for sale and the cooler with the lines . my truck runs cool so its all good .

7. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Hey Scott,
    If you dont find a used, OEM style oil cooler, call Summit and order the B&M tranny cooler. It is the EXACT same unit as GM used for the oil cooler in '89. I installed one on my ride.

8. 4X4HIGH

Thanks Todd, Bill (sparky87K5) came through for me with a factory cooler. He even happened to drive about 1000 miles to deliver it to me. LOL. Actually, he happened to have one and was making a trip my way anyhow so he brought it for me.