Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory rear bumper questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldbandit, Jun 26, 2001.

1. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

I recently purchased a 86 blazer rear bumper on ebay. I was planning on putting it on my 85 pickup. I recieved the bumper today and it a has the same shape as a 73-80 rear bumper but the bolt holes are not in line with each other like my 78 blazer. I have brackets that I got from gocartergo that are from an 80's blazer. I tried these and brackets and they don't line up with the bolt holes on the bumper. The bolt holes on these brackets also seem to be directly over each other, just like the 78 bumper and brackets. What do I have? It appears that all blazer bumpers have the holes directly above and below each other and my bumper has the holes offset with each other. Is there any difference between the blazer and suburban bumpers? I thought they were the same. Please help as I am trying to decide wether or not to email the seller and tell him that i'm not satisfied or just build brackets. I would at least like to know what it is off of. Thanks in advance!

baldbandit

"Have you driven over a F@RD lately!!

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Do you have a pic?

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Howdy. I can tell you the brackets were off of a 86 Blazer.........Dan

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

What was the ebayers name I bought one to and it was not exactly what it was supposed to be. but it should work

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

5. baldbandit

The ebay sellers name is SKIDOOTWIN. Hey Dan, thanks again for the brackets. I knew they were right, but the bumper is wrong! All of the blazer bumpers i have seen have the mounting bolts directly above and below each other. I could not tell where the holes were on the bumper in the pic on ebay. It was claimed to be off an 83 blazer. It's raining outside so i can't get a pic right now. I will find the pic off of ebyay and post it. This really pi$$es me off. Now i'm going to have to build my own brackets, and i didn't want to mess with it.

thanks baldbandit

6. baldbandit

7. baldbandit

The link doens't work. Ebay wouldn't let me link it here! I don't understand why?

baldbandit

8. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

Not that it will help your perdicament much, but I have the stock rear bumper off of my 86 that i will get rid of for $40. I know for sure it is the right thing. The bolt holes should be directly above each other. Sounds fishy.

JEEP it's what's for dinner!

9. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

I have my stock bumper and it's holes are one above the other. By the way if you need it I can sell it for dirt cheap to you? Not that it helps the problem you are having now.

10. baldbandit

What kind of shape is it in? rust, dents, scratches, etc...? Do you have a pic?

baldbandit

11. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

I will check on the pics I think that I might have one laying arond somewhere. It is in really good condition no dents, no rust and just a few minor scratches on the top which I can probably buff out for you. I only had it on my truck for about 6-8 months, I bought it new from LMC.

12. baldbandit

Metalhead,

I'm still interested in your bumper! If you could, i would like to see pics of it!

thanks
    baldbandit

13. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When he sold it to you he could have meant S10 Blazer???????? Just a thought.......Dan

14. baldbandit

It is the correct width, but the mounting holes are in the wrong place!

thanks
    baldbandit

15. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

I'll throw my bumper into the quay....I just got this bumper from LMC and had it Rhino Lined. I am now going to buy a more heavy duty rear bumper. I am not sure what to sell it for but it is three weeks new from LMC and they charged me $100 and the Rhino Lining was about another $60. If you like it, I am intersted in an offer. Pics are at my website.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html</A>

16. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Since everyone else is throwing bumpers around, I'll toss mine in too. Off a '79, chrome, no dents, a couple of small scuffs (not through the chrome.) Almost FREE!!! (you pay shipping)

Baldbandit PM me if you want it. I just want it out of my garage, but can't just throw it away. If Baldbandit doesn't want it, the offer's open to all CK5.com.