Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Roll bar?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leinie, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Leinie

Leinie Registered Member

What does the GM roll bar lok like? I know of a scrapyard 72 Blazer with a roll bar but I don't know if it's GM.
    It is thin. ( about 2" tube ) and mounts on the floor ( 4 bolts per side) and on the front angled face of the rear wheel wells ( 4 bolts per side)
    It is not listed on the options in the glove box but I suppose dealers installed lots of them.
    Does this sound like an original?

72 K5 CST X 2

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

yeap, i think one of my pics shows part of it. checkm out!!!

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There are at least two types of factory roll bars. One is like you described, the other attaches the same way, but is a dual hoop unit.

4. Leinie

Leinie Registered Member

Thanks ,
    If anyone in the Minneapolis area is interested in this roll bar ,e-mail me a jharms@mn.rr.com and I'll direct you to it.

72 K5 CST X 2

5. alta-aj

alta-aj Registered Member

Hey Leinie, I'd love to get my hands on that roll bar but live nowhere close to Minneapolis even though I seem to get there every once in a while. I live in Alberta, Canada. Any chance you'd pull it and send it to me, of course at my cost? Let me know what you'd want for it as well.

Thanks,

Al

6. Leinie

Leinie Registered Member

How often do you get near here? I could pull it and hang onto it till you can pick it up, or ship, it's up to you. The guy at the yard wants $30. It's yours for $50 + shipping ( or $30 and a case of Labatts if you pick it up )

72 K5 CST X 2<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Leinie on 01/06/02 07:30 PM.</FONT></P>