Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Roll Bar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Jul 21, 2000.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I was killing sometime reading some specifications for my K5. And I saw that it says I have an "integral roll bar built into the steel front compartment roof and lock pillar structures". This means what exactly? I know I have some type of rollbar in the cab, but what the heck does it mean the way they put it? Anyone know if this rollbar is very reliable?

89 K5 Silverado

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

It just means that they threw in a steel bar in the middle of your halfcab. Right where your seatbelts mount up I think is where they put it. Aren't all halfcab (76-91) Blazers like that? I think the combination of that and your hardtop makes it pretty safe in case of a rollover.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

figured that is what it was

89 K5 Silverado

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

the half-cab portion is designed to withstand the impact of a rollover. it isn't necessarily a rollbar, but it's better than nothing. a full cage, or interior rollbar, is a dramatic improvement.
    there should be a couple of threads on this board about these.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

a 2 weeks ago the guy who owns the shop that is painting my 78, just fininshed a 77 blazer by painting it silver. the owner, of the k5 and the shop owner were cruising down a highwway. they rolled it four times!!!
    a steel pipe came flying out of a truck in front and spike itself in to the front tire and they rolled of the road. going over four times.
    the right front corner caved in, the fiberglass top ripped off completely, BUT the roof above their heads didnt budge an inch. just bruises.
    maybe a lucky roll, but pretty strong. all cars are weak at the windshield though.

Knife.

6. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

do you have any pictures of that k-5 after it rolled

81 Beater

7. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

will try to get some...

Knife.