Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory roll bar

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sturner, Apr 28, 2003.

1. sturner

sturner Newbie

I'm in the process of purchasing what I believe to be a factory roll bar from a fellow Coloradok5 member. Neither of us are certain as to specifications on a factory roll bar. I believe there was such a thing but I'm not even certain of that. Does anyone know the specs or perhaps have pics of what they know to be a factory roll bar? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

I have a factory bar. I am not using it becuase I am putting in a Smittybilt instead. I can get you the specs if you like... off hand I know that its a 4-point bar/hoop and on both sides (driver/passenger) the points are IN FRONT of the wheel-well. There is no mounting point on the original bars that mount behind the wheel. (Not sure if there was more than one style of bar from factory... but maybe)

3. vaulter

vaulter Registered Member

what roll bar are you ordering from smittybuilt? Do you have to modify it? I didn't hink they had one for a first gen.

vaulter

4. sturner

sturner Newbie

I was under that impression also but based on Brett's post I called Smittybilt today and they do in fact make a roll bar for the first gens (not a roll cage). The bar is part # B1409 and is priced at $225. It is painted black and is constructed out of 2" tubing. You can see it on their site at www.smittybiltinc.com. Look under products/interior bars style "Y" for a picture. Looks like a pretty nice bar to me for $225!

5. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

When I looked into it. I do now remeber that you have the same part# this I ordered. The NAPA shop I ordered it through quoted me aprox. $210 after it was shipped. Another place quoted me $265 after shipping. I did order the $210 one, but after about 5 weeks, it STILL has not come in.

6. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

NAPA called me last night... the Smittybilt bar I ordered isn't being made and therefore, I will not get it. I am going to modify my stock bar to look like the smitty bar instead now... Just thought you all would like to know.