Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FACTORY seat brackets for 72

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '72brett, Feb 11, 2003.

1. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

hey guys. My Blazer has what I was told the factory rear seat hold down brackets in it. Since then I have talked to a guy who has "factory" seat hold down brackets for sale that he says is for a '72. they are about half again smaller than mine (mine are twice as wide) can someone PLEASE post some pics of what they KNOW is a factory bracket for a '72? This guys, as well as me wants to know who has the wrong product. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Check my "gallery" pics in my .sig

I've got a pretty good collection of shots of the seat tracks, and hardware from my '72.

3. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

ahh, nope, you have no pictures... I am talking about the REAR seat, the BENCH seat, not the two front bucket seats. The Bench seat bolts down in the rear and the front of the bench seat is held down by two brackets (one on each side) I wanted to know if anyone KNEW what was from the factory for that "hold down" bracket. I will try and set up webshots thing tonight so I can post a pic of the bracket I have now.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Oooops....OK now I know what you mean!

Those are a metal tab that looks sorta like a "question mark" with a hole in the flat part.....the hook part wraps around the tube and secures it to the floor.

I've got those in a box somewhere, I could post a pic if you don't get any other responses.....

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Somebody got ripped on that deal...LOL

7. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

hmm, the guy that I asked about the brackets also sells things on EBAY. He said since they were "factory" original he wanted $40 a piece for them. I told him no way and I didnt even think that they were factory original. Those ones there on Ebay are just like the one (1) that I have and that I have been told that IT was factory original. This summer I will be going to local show ans shine events and I wanted two orignal ones. The brackets that Doug used were about 1 inch wide, mine are a little over 2" (I havent measured them, just a good est.) for the second bracket, I used scrap metal, heated it, and bent it. Fits great, just doesnt look the same /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I REALLY want to get another one like my first one!!

8. bouncytruck

I was watching that auction but when they went over $35, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I'd say that the one that you have is the original. Since I don't have any for my seat yet, I can't tell you what they look like. I do remember the ones on my first '72 looked like the ones in the auction.

If someone had the ability, I would think they could make a few $ fabbing up some of these things...

9. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

10. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

I'm not 100% sure those are OEM Blazer. I have those exact ones for my Blazer, but got them out of a 70 Burban. I'm pretty sure they are for the Blazer as well. Since the back Burban (3rd seat) brackets are the same as Blazer....as I understand anyway......
    Bill----

11. bouncytruck

That's good to know. I can scan the yards for the bracket in the subs too!