Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Springs on '87 K5...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jan 25, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Factory Springs on \'87 K5...

Can somebody tell me the thickness of the FACTORY rear spring pack in the rear of my 87 K5? The reason I am asking is because I am trying to determine if the previous owner put on a 4" lift like he said he did...But it looks like a much smaller lift...The block in the rear is 2.75" and it looks like the 5th leaf in the spring pack (which is the bottom-most leaf) is .75"...could this last leaf be an add-a-leaf? Thanks for the help...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Factory Springs on \'87 K5...

At least two different spring packs for the K5's. 5 and 6 in the rear, which you stated you have a 5. The bottom spring is wider, shorter, and thicker than the others, and has no arch. Either end is wider than the center IIRC as well. It lays directly on the spring pad on the axle. There are no blocks in the factory application.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Factory Springs on \'87 K5...

It's an over load leaf. Unloaded the ends should not be touching the rest of the pack.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper