Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Tach Cluster score

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZooMad75, May 19, 2004.

1. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just scored a Factory Tach cluster at a bonyard up in Greeley, CO for $50 today. it was in a 77 blazer and I plan on installing it in my 75. I know that these clusters are not identical. For one, mine has an AMP gauge and the 77 has a Volt gauge. Also, the 77 has an electric oil pressure gauge where the 75 is mechanical.

So, knowing there are differences I can't just mix and match from both clusters to make it work. I know I have got to use the printed circuit from the tach cluster to make the new smaller fuel gauge work. What I need to know is at the harness connection to the cluster if the wire inputs are the same, in the same location? If anybody has service manuals for both years that could scan a copy of the cluster wiring diagram would help narrow it down.

I did a search here and struck out and also tried searching by Google and struck out too. Mikes 73-87 page had a good bit of info, but said nothing about installing a cluster from a later truck to an earlier one.

Any thoughts or info in the wiring diagrams would be a big help!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You should have mail....email me if you don't get it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Huh. My '77 has mechanical oil.

I donno about the volt-amp thing as I've never seen a working ammmeter /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, you can put the mechanical oil gauge into the tach dash and just hook it up and ignore the wires for the electrical one, that's easy.

HTH.

-- A

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    You should have mail....email me if you don't get it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the email! Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif That gets me part of the way there, do you got the schematics on the clusters themselves? I've already figured out the what I need to do to make the Voltmeter work, but I'm not sure the fuel guage wiring is in the same spot on the cluster connector.

I figure I'll keep the mechanical oil pressure gauge so that only leaves me with the fuel and water temp guages to worry about.

Thanks for the help!