Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FACTORY TACH

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rattler, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Rattler

Rattler Registered Member

YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP! HOW ABOUT SOME HELP WITH A FACTORY TACH GUAGE CLUSTER, I JUST GOT.( REPLACEMENT) WITH LITTLE HARNE SS ATTACHED ONE RED WIRE w/ BLK STRIPE,ONE BLK WIRE,ONE WHITE WIRE, WITH I THINK ITS A RELAY AND A BLK WIRE ATTACHED AT THE END OF THE WHT WIRE THESE HAVE PLUGS ON THEM AND THE TRUCK I'M PUTTIN THIS IN DID NOT HAVE A FACT WITH A ORY TACH JUST THE BIG GAS GAUGE RIGHT HAND SIDE MY K-5 is an 84 with a 89 350 in it.will the connections possibly be there or ?.......

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Turn the caps lock off. It makes it hard to read your post.
    I just glanced through your post but it looks like you want to know what the wire harness coming off the tach is for.
    There are three wires. One if for 12V ignition switched hot. DO not use constant hot.
    One is for ground.
    And the last one goes to the tach terminal on your HEI. All HEI's will have this terminal.
    There you go.
    -- Mike