Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Tailgate Glass Tint?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Feb 14, 2001.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My truck has what appears to be factory tint. the style of it is millions of little black dots...it doesn't appear to be the cheap sheet kind someone buys at an auto parts store. For my taste, and my area, it is much too dark. The tint is actually quite dark. If this was a factory option, is there much call for it now? I'd much rather have plain glass.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I had my rear window replaced last year and the auto glass place told me that the factory tint like that(forget what it's called) is no longer available, it's not manufactured. I ended up getting a different kind of tinted window. It has a mirror finish on the outside. From the outside it is extremely dark, but it is very easy and clear to see out of during day or night......i really like it.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

The tint on your K5 is called Dot Matrik this still available from
    the dealer special order dept. Best thing to do is get another window
    from the junk yard with no tint and sell the original a dot matrik glass is aprox
    $475.00. Hope this helps.

Bo