Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory tow hook placement...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rcpilot, Oct 19, 2002.

1. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

O.K. did a search and did'nt find any info...got a set of factory hooks for my '76 K-5.. looked under it today and the hooks do not line up with any existing holes on the frame... 3 3/4 inch between each hole on the hooks (center of each hole).. 3 1/4 between any hole in the frame... do I bolt to one and drill the other... Thanks... also are these hooks strong enough compared to aftermarket?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i've pulled and been pulled by mine and they're holding up fine. yeah i think i'd just drill a new hole for em.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I don't remember exactly, but I believe the 80's style hooks won't fit on the 70's style trucks,
    they changed the front frame horns slightly, so make sure you have the '70's style hooks.

The hooks, if I remember,
    are supposed to mount angle down, so the holes you want are the slot and the top most
    rearward hole...if I remember....

This is a '73 frame...should be the same as your '75

[​IMG]