Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory wheels worth $$?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Jun 11, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of getting new wheels when I get my lift. I have the 15x8 factory steel rallys with beauty rings and factory center caps that I would be selling if I got the new ones. How much do these normally go for? Anything to offset the cost would be nice.

Brian

2. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

Brian - If you do not HAVE to sell them you might find them to be quite usefull. I kept my old steel rims and had them shod with M/T tyres. The new alluminuim rims wear the A/T tyres. This way you need not have your expensive rims ruined on trail - you simply dress your truck for the job at hand. The M/T's also last much longer if you spare them the everyday run on the tar. Just a thought.

BB454
    IF IT DOES NOT HAVE 8 PISTONS - IT'S BROKEN !

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Brian, I like BB's idea, but I know what ya mean about funding new stuff! It just depends finding someone that wants 'em. Most 4WD guys are wanting to go to bigger, nicer wheels also, but you might find someone doing a resto or something that needs 'em. They should bring $100-$175 depending on condition.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of two sets of tires, but I don't have enough money to do it right now. I will be getting BFG or Procomp mudterrains, so they shouldn't be too bad on the road.

Brian

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My friend put his old factory rims on his other set of tires for street use. I like them okay except it looks goofy having 25in tires with a 6in lift!

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I sold mine for $125 for all 4. I was missing two beauty rings though. A flea market guy came and snatched them up, so I'd assume they go for a lot more there. HTH,

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress