Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory Window tint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87_k5_silverado, Aug 15, 2004.

1. 87_k5_silverado

87_k5_silverado Registered Member

i have a hardtop with the factory window tint. what do you folks reccomend as far as window tint for the cab area?? i want it to match my top if posible (The side windows in my top...). would you think 5%, 10%, 20, or 25%?? I would appreciate all your help in this matter!!! Thanks

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The top is roughly 5% to 10%. First off you will for surely get a ticket for anything deeper than %20 and %20 is pushing it. I went double %5 on the top and rear winders and 35% on my wing and rollups.

P.S. don't do the windshield, it's a felony.
    [​IMG]

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I did 5% on the front windows to match the factory tint on the top and it looks good. Its not too dark but backing up at night becomes a bit of a challenge that requires more paying attention..

4. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

I tinted my cap windows including tailgate window at 5% and the driver and passenger windows at 25%. I haven't had a cop ticket me yet, and that is saying something living in PA. My buddy has his driver and passenger windows at 5% and gets hounded a couple times a month for it.