Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fake ladybugs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Nov 7, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

they were everywhere last week. tonight i saw one on my leg so i threw it in the toilet.HA HA a little later i walked in there and it was gone!! :eek1: then i thought it must have climbed up the bowl and got trapped under the rim.another HA HA SUCKER :p: well i just went in there and it was in the water.good well i flushed and the little bastage went under with the water and then reappeared. i swear it was flipping me off.they must be made of foam. :laugh:

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i see a bunch this time of year.. they have this thing for the shrinkwrap on the boats.. no sooner do i pull it over and go to shrink it, they'll be a couple on there..

they don't stand a chance versus this heat hurricane of doom.... ;)

[​IMG]

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

What is a fake lady bug? :confused:

4. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Asian Beetles??

5. boggerless

asian beetles it is. :D those things suck.they will bounce off your head. :mad: how did i know CHERYLE would see this. :haha: they look just like lady bugs but they land on and mess with you. :crazy:

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Never heard of them. Maybe we don't have those in Cali :dunno:

Thanks for the info tho... :)

7. boggerless

your lucky they suck. if you stand still long enough you'll be covered with them. :mad:

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

boggerless... it's a bit late in the season for it, but next (just had one of the bastards pop out of my keyboard) spring, I'll be ordering a bunch of praying mantis egg cases from the local super size pet store. I don't know if you can get them over across the little pond, but if you can't I'll be more than happy to send you a few cases for cost plus shipping. There are about 300-500 eggs per case, and they come in a critter keeper. all you do is wait for them to hatch, let them out, and they eat all the asian beetles. The best thing about them is that they can't overwinter up here in da nort, so they all die off in the cold. This means no new infestation of another non-indigenous species like Asian Beetles... the little bastards... anyway... that's the only way I know of to kill them, and it's quite effective.