Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fall Colors In WI - Photos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polaris, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

My favorite time of the year. Here are some pics (including one of each truck with the pretty colors in the background): Click here

Also updated my own pic on the site (taken yesterday)

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

my favorite too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, just wish it lasted longer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm colorblind... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But cool rigs though!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That must suck to be colorblind! I'm sorry. Suffice it to say it is stunning. Every year it's just amazing to me, and it's been 27 years.

5. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

sent ya a email , i love that album, can i just move into a tent on the water there till winter? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

WOW!

That is just awsome!
    My mother would love that, she has allways loved the fall colors. I remember takeing trips out to the hills when I was younger and lived in Colo. I have to admit, seeing the Aspens changeing colors in the fall really takes me back.

I have a Aspen in my front yard, the color change only lasts for a week or two, but it's pretty cool. I get kinda bummed to see it bare so quickly.

In the fall, I make a point of going out EVERY weekend with my hounds, I say it's for "them", but you know....

BTW, don't say anything, - you know, me being a guy and all. I'm not supposed to notice things like that..
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

CK5'ers are ALWAYS welcome at our place. We have a large, level lot and then after the fire pit and some very, very large pines is a slope down to the river. Fishin', some trails nearby... and all the snow you can haul away (FREE) for about 5-6 months of the year. Really I'm thinking of having a gathering up here next summer and inviting people to camp/wheel here. It would be fun! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

What did you do to your dog??? LOL. I updated my site today and also put pics back on of my animals (About Us) page, scroll to the bottom.
    Oh yeah I won't tell anyone you like pretty stuff. NO one will know /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif . I have to take more pics for uglychevy383 tomorrow. Will post them Sunday probably, since we'll be out of town tomorrow. I mowed the lawn yesterday and noticed something else very cool. Some kind of leafy vine has grown up outside a bedroom window and it was <font color="red"> red
    </font color> . Of course with the wind we've had today, it's bare now but it was neat.

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What did you do to your dog??? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Question of the week

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

ROFLMAO!! Thanks, I needed that! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

12. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I love Wisconsin falls. Down in Madison the colors are only beginning to change, but I know up north the colors are starting to peak.
    Your property looks great. But, you've got to stop posting pics of it...it makes me anxious to get back up north. I have a cabin in the Crivitz/Marinette area where I go as many times as possible in the fall to go hunting. For those that aren't hunters, it's hard to understand why someone would want to spend countless hours in the woods, waiting to see a deer. All I can say to that is...you don't even know. Northern Wisconsin, fall colors, brisk morning, peace and quiet, and doing what I love to do the most...nothing can top it. It's the only place where one can gather his/her sanity and break away from this hectic world.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It's weird how it's so diffrent back east. Out hear we get all the colors in the summer and in the winter everything turns green from all the rain.

14. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Great pics...hoping to see some of that color down here real soon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Sorry, man. Just posted more pics that I took this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Crivitz be right near the Pipeline, right? Can't wait for the next run there (Memorial Day Weekend) sportin' some 3/4 ton axles and a new paint job, among other things!

16. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's right near the pipeline. The cabin is probably 20 minutes away from it. I actually end up passing hwy W (where pipeline is) on the way to hwy X (where cabin is). Which brings me to a tech question. Could someone explain to me why my truck pulls severly to the left at hwy W...but gets better once I pass it. Is my truck maybe telling me I should turn? I think so.

17. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I do believe you nailed that one right on the head /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That place is addictive, I tell you! Good thing there are a couple of hours between us and there, or we'd definitely be in the poor house replacing parts.

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Oh, dang, I can't believe I forgot to say this....I'm going to the cabin this coming weekend (10/11-10/13) for some bow-hunting/ grouse hunting. Won't be taking my truck though. Will be going up in my pop's '97 chevy sub. Guess no stopping at the pipeline for some off-the-road-romping this time.

19. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Yeah, well, there are always the "bypasses" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy Hunting,