Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fall Crawl 2003, thanks....

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jms, Sep 15, 2003.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Got back home late last night but safe and sound. Neil, thanks again for the spare tie rod and letting me install it in your driveway, thanks for all your help and lending me a hand in the alignment; also, Mike, thanks for helping me with the initial adjustment.

I'd like to thank the Capital City Crawlers and the Midwest K5 guys for organizing this run; I had a great time despite the fact that I have had absolutely zero experience with my truck in mud and rain (it's the Desertrider thing...).

Thanks for everyone's patience when I got hung up on the 'road' /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif; thanks to Neil, Chris, Todd, Terry, and everyone else for spotting, tugging, pushing my truck off the tree in the creek, and helping to straighten my tie rod in the creek on Sunday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. The fact that the same rock claimed four tie rods total at this outing somehow helped in not feeling too bad about hitting it...

Casualty list on my end: bent tie rod; broke steering stabilizer, dropped lens cover in mud, and developed an exhaust leak somewhere. Overall, I was happy with the way my truck was working after the suspension and rear axle upgrades. Gotta go to the car wash today, and by the way, you guys at the park could probably package and sell some of that grey clay as exhaust patch kit - this stuff turns to concrete

Again, thanks to all of you, hope everyone got home safe, I had a great time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Glad you made it home. I was also glad I had the part in my garage for you. It would be great to see you and your friends from Nebraska in the future. Thanks for donating the entry for the club. Check www.capitalcitycrawlers.com for future runs, or stay tuned here.

See you on the trails... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Good to wheel with ya and glad to hear you made it home safe.
    We have officially named that rock: Tie Rod Rock!

4. jms

Well, I feel honored to have contributed to the official naming of an obstacle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hey man, it was great wheeling with you, and thanks for bringing my tire carrier to me. I'd like to wheel with you in the future!

6. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Anybody got a pic of Neil's 1.5" pretzeled tie rod?

7. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I really had a good time on Saturday. Sounds like I missed a bunch of fun on Sunday. Maybe next time I can stick around. Maybe we can hook up when I am in Lincoln.

8. jms

Nope, not me. In the pics I happen to have it still seems to be straight.

9. jms

Hey Layne, good to meet you again. Sunday certainly was interesting. If you'd like, give me a call next time when you're in Lincoln. Who knows, I might just need an urgent break from work when you happen to call....

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I'll get a pic for you brother! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif