Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

falling off a ladder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big dan, Sep 16, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just thought I would share my experience of the day. Do Not use a wobbly 15ft ladder to change gas prices a 5 a. m. with a hangover. Went in to help some people I know with the station today and when I got there at 5 in the morning after a long night with lots of excitement there was a note that said gas prices needed to be lowered. First thought was "sweet cheaper gas" The only ladder at the store is an old wood one that wobbles like crazy. Got up as high as I wanted to go but it wasnt high enough. Ive done this a hundred times with no trouble so I figured this time wasnt any different and took another step. Ladder started to lean and I had one more to go. I took it and as soon as I did I started to go over. My mind was not quite ready for this and the only thought that was processing was "oh crap" instead of grabbing the sign to keep from falling, I rode that ladder into the ground. Right hand hit first, then it was a face to the ladder, and then the rest of me caught up. Broke a small piece off a bone in my wrist, not really serious but painful. Bruised my hip and my shoulder. My face hit the steel brace on the ladder so hard that it bent into a u-shape but didnt hurt my face. I left the price change up to somebody else but still worked 9 hours with a broke wrist. The lesson learned: dont use an old ladder at 5 in the morning and if you do make sure that suckers stable.:o

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: Ouch, I probably would have broke a hip and then I'd be outta the walker races for sure....:doah: :D

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

But you could still participate in the colostomy bag toss events............

4. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

that sucks dude!

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Exactly why I hate ladders... Especially the wobbly wooden ones...

The one and only time the housekeepers got me to help clean a chandelier at work that's suspended about 15 feet in the air, the maintenence guy brought me a wooden ladder... That thing started shaking after two steps. Well, I knew I was way too freaked out to be on a wobbly ladder, so I called for a metal one... The guy wouldn't bring me one, said some BS about I could get electrocuted if I change a lightbulb and I'm on a metal ladder:rolleyes: So I was all, bring me the friggin metal ladder, at least I won't know what's happening if I get electrocuted and fall off... Biotch... I got my metal ladder, and I haven't cleaned that chandelier since. I let the old women in their french maid outfits do their own damn job now...

6. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nifty little things....

[​IMG]

-Avery

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Strangely enough Avery not everyone can pull one of those from their ass.That'd be why they would be forced to use a rickety old wooden ladder....Dood yer killin me...

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I didn't say he had to have one or for that matter pull one from his ass. I just said they are nifty little things. lol
    No really you are killing me!

-Avery

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

In my neck of the woods (SF bay area), I bet there are a few that could pull one of those from their ass.........fully extended.................:haha:

11. big dan

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

12. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

:haha:

sorry bout the fall man, that sucks. good to hear you got nice, sturdy face though. lol

13. big dan

yeah its all good. its not bad enough for a cast so I just have to wear a brace for 4 weeks. mom said no weight lifting and no trucks.:mad: I was excited cause I just got 205 on the bench. I was really getting up there for my size and then bam its all gonna be gone. plus I promised a friend Id put head gaskets in for him next week and Ive got a girl that wants to learn to drive my truck (she cant drive a stick:eek1: yet:D )