Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Falling Window, anybody?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Jan 10, 2001.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I have an '84, It has a manual crank rear window. It has always fallen about an inch going down the road over about 15 miles, The other day the window was down and I had to pull the window up by hand. I took the regulator and the rest of the assembly out looked at it and decided I couldn't afford to replace the regulator if it wasn't bed. I put i tback in any it now rolls up and down but still falls about an inch or two over the above 15 to 20 miles. I have noticed this is pretty common. Is it the regulator or the little clutch mech. on the back of the lock. I didn't clean the regulator when I put it back in. Nothing showed any real signs of wear,or cracks. Looked good.

Thanks,
    Greg Gayman
    Hawglet
    Stovie
    hawglet@excite.com

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I hate to see a post with no answers....My '74 has a manual window, it has never fallen and this thing has had a hard life. Your gears have to not be meshing correctly or something. Try opening the cover and have move the window up and down with their hands and look for what's giving. You can open the gate and roll the widow out, just remember to support it with something

Michael[​IMG][​IMG]