Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fallujah

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, May 1, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

OK, I only read one or two headlines per day on Fallujah, and I intentionally stay out of pollitics because, as you'll see, they infuriate me.

Also, I don't want to piss a bunch of people off with this post, I realize it's a hot topic, and if it gets to hot please delete it and I will not revisit the topic.

That said, am I the only person paying attention to what's going on in Fallujah??? Did we just hand Fallujah back to one of Saddam's General's and his Army??? Did I MISS something???

We just lost the war, dishonored every US Soldier's life that fought to free Iraq and disarm it, and we may as well come home now and start shipping nuclear weapons directly into Fallujah.

And I also see they're going to send a US convoy directly through the heart of Fallujah to show that what they have done will stabilize the city. Am I the only person who can see that this convoy will be slaughtered the second it hits the center of the city??? Am I the only person who's paying any attention? Holy cow, is there something obvious I'm missing?

I wholeheartedely supported Bush and the War in Iraq all the way up until Fallujah. Then all of a sudden politicians are trying to negotiate while US Soldiers take cover from Fallujah fire. Then all of a sudden we back down and give the city back, something we've never done or tolerated since day 1 of the Iraq war. What the hell is going on???

Again, I'm no expert, I don't read all the available info, and I believe that Bush has something major planned to turn loose just before election time like Bin Ladden's capture or the uncovering of Saddam's Nukes, etc. No matter what it is, what he's done in Fallujah has dishonored every Soldier's Death to date. And of course those that will be slaughtered in a few days in the convoy that will be slaughtered...

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Paul,
    I have also followed this story.
    First off the Iraqi army that is taking over is the "new" Iraqi army that was trained by our military. The general that You speak of is being conciderd to lead this "new" army but it's not a done deal just yet (as of today). From what I saw that Iraqi general was just a reguler Iraqi soldier not a member of the Republican Gaurd or anything and the guy is supposed to have a clean military record.
    From what I gather one of the main goals of the war was to give the power back to the Iraqi people. That means they have got to have Their own military for that to happen. Just like when We rebuilt the German military and had to find the old reguler army leaders to lead it.

Just my $0.02

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Paul,
    I have also followed this story.
    First off the Iraqi army that is taking over is the "new" Iraqi army that was trained by our military. The general that You speak of is being conciderd to lead this "new" army but it's not a done deal just yet (as of today). From what I saw that Iraqi general was just a reguler Iraqi soldier not a member of the Republican Gaurd or anything and the guy is supposed to have a clean military record.
    From what I gather one of the main goals of the war was to give the power back to the Iraqi people. That means they have got to have Their own military for that to happen. Just like when We rebuilt the German military and had to find the old reguler army leaders to lead it.

Just my $0.02

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to show my ignorance when it comes to history, did it work in Germany???

Somehow I don't see an Iraqi Soldier with a 'Clean Record' any better than any other Iraqi with an automatic weapon. Same goes for Germany. But again, I'm certainly no expert on history. Slept through it in High School.

FWIW, I hope it works, but I suppose the coming months will tell.

With so many of Iraq's most wanted still out there supporting Saddam, it's hard to believe that Iraq will start a new democracy rather than slowly go back to following Dictator X, Y, or Z as we withdraw further from the conflict.

Honestly, I couldn't care less if they kill each other until the end of time, but it's the Saddam-Type leaders that make the US unsafe. As long as they keep killing each other and leave us alone, I don't care...

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

what we need to do is install a dictator that's friendly towards the US and call it a day. the iraqi people are gonna have a hard time adjusting to a democratic government. the arab people have always been ruled by monarchs and warlords, so i dont really see how we can expect them to learn and adjust to the democratic process in just a few months /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif