Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

False neutral between low and low lock on 203

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 6, 2001.

when i try to shift from low lock into low for low range in 2wd i almost always get stuck in a false neutral. then it's a bitch to get out of this neutral. whats up? it also pops out of low lock from time to time- tipical 203 sh!t. anyone elso have this happen? also, anyone ever rebuild a 203 themselves. they want $900 parts and labor around here. the parts are around $200. so how hard is it? is it worth it?

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jason, first make sure the linkage is adjusted properly........that was my problem.........had it adjusted when the trans was being rebuilt and it 'seems' to have solved the popping out of low loc problem............tested it out at the beach 4th of July...........deeeeeep sand........lots of people, including those with 4 wheel drive, stuck.............never popped out, and I was really romping on it.

Now, as to the neutral thing............never heard of that problem. First check the linkage. There is a way to adjust it 'as per the book' but I don't remember how. Sorry........but I definitely think looking at the linkage adjustment is first priority before you think of a rebuild.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</A>

2. teufel_hunden25

teufel_hunden25 Registered Member

I have a similar problem but mine will only go into Low, it won't loc or anything else. Every other position seems like nuetral. I'll keep you posted as to what I find out.