Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

family road trip- ROAD CONSTRUCTION ????eastern states

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Mar 17, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Friday evening, John myself and the two monster's ( I mean kids) are heading to Florida- from Vermont- If you live near/on this route- and know of any nasty road construction,, ,please let me know

we are traveling from Vermont to NYC via- I-91/I-95... then via Jersey Turn pike- down I-95 through Delware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina --- Stopping in Dunn North Carolina- for the night on Saturday-- should be there about 9AM... then back on I-95 through South Carolina, Georgia- to Jacksonville- where we will pick up A1A- to St Augustine- our final destination.

I am aware of some constrcution in NYC and Jersey- though I don't think those 2 places are going to be a problem- we are leaving Vermont at 7pm- and should be in NYC about midnight- 1AM.... then through Washinton DC prior to much traffic. I'm thinking about 7 hours to DC...
    We shouldn't have to stop until Jersey for Diesel...and the kids and John will be sleeping- so we wont need to stop that often...
    I know South Carolina is pretty tight on Speeding- any other stuff you can tell me? The last time we went to florida- the kids were littler- so getting pulled over didn't matter. now that they are getting older- they are OBSESSED wtih cops- and would tell EVERYONE that we got pulled over....I have a fuzz buster--- but don't think its legal in SC anyway----

gimme your idea's- just dont tell me Im crazy- I tell myself that enough! This will be the first vacation we have taken that we pack in RUBBERMADE Totes instead of Suitcases LOL--- the joy of a pick up....
    luckily the tv/vcr fits perfectly on the console- so when the kids do wake up we shouldnt hear much from them.....I'm hoping to be at least in the end of Virginia before they wake up.... then stop for breakfast and find a playground somewhere, to let them run- then back in the truck for a few more hours- till Dunn.... its about 750 miles to Dunn, then another 300 to St. Augustine..yup- I'm crazy!

-Brandy

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

gimme your idea's- just dont tell me Im crazy- I tell myself that enough

<hr></blockquote>

ok your not crazy... just insane... hehehehe.. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I dont know of any construction on that side of the state but if you venture over towards Tampa I75 has some construction going on that is a disaster, between where I am and Tampa. If you do come over this way give me a holler.

Have fun!

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Are you crossing over the George Washington Bridge? Take rt 4 west to the Parkway South then get back on 95. That will take you past most of the construction. Oh yeah when your on Rt. 4 and you see signs for Englewood, look to the left and you'll see the Dodge dealer I work at /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. An easier way to get to the Parkway would be to take Tappan Zee Brige and go on the Thruway west until Exit 14 where it meets the Parkway.

5. Pure Insanity

I dont remember how we did but we went around Atlanta when we went to N.C this past fall. From what we were told it saves a bunch of time.

6. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Going around Atlanta on 285 is longer distance wise then actually staying on 85 and going straight through Atlanta. Sometimes time wise too. Just according to what time of day you hit it. Trust me I know.....we lived there for 6 years. But she won't have to worry about that because 95 doesn't take you through Atlanta. It takes you along the coast.

And Brandy......your no crazier then we are! ! ! ! We have a small 94 Pontiac Sunbird that has made the trip from Newnan(about 45 minutes south of Atlanta) to Gettysburg....and the same trip back again in a 4 day weekend. We are talking 800 miles or more 1 way. That's crazy! ! ! Not to mention that we (in the same weekend) went into Lebanon which is another 1 1/2 hours away from Gettysburg. Anyway....have a safe trip and be careful. As far as I know fuzz busters are ok in SC but illigal in VA. Infact way illegal in VA. So be real careful. Have a great time. And see ya when you get back.

7. Pure Insanity

UH... WELL... OH YEAH! DOOH! I fergot we were on 75 for that trip. LOL!! I have made the 95 trip to Mass a few times, call it a brain fart!