Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Family stuff..

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by tRustyK5, Mar 19, 2002.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd like an idea of how many kids, wives, girlfriends etc are going to be at Moab this year. My wife (Debbie) and two girls (Jessica, 8 and Vanessa, 2 1/2) will be with me and staying at the slickrock in our trailer.

I'm wondering if there are going to be any 'family' type trails to do or even other non wheeling activities in the immediate area. For us this will be a family vacation so I'm trying to plan for the whole family to have fun...

Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone else with fairly young kids? Wives that aren't adrenaline junkies?/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

There is any outdoor sport that you can imagine there. They can go rafting, tubing, there are hummer rides. Canyonlands national park, Arches park, Dead horse point. Canyonlands by night is a boat ride with dinner that spotlights the rocks to a musical theme. Mountain biking, hiking. Those types of things, plus the stores are cool in town with little petrocliffs (sp) and Indian crafts plus the whole gecko thing. Your wife and kids could spend a whole day at the town stores and ice cream parlor. I will have my wife, but she is a wheeler.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

My wife, son (5yrs), and daughter (8yrs) will all be there. They reallly like to go along on the trail, though.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Rita will be there, but she is my co-driver /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

You are braver man than I am!! My wife and two kids are staying home for this one! My wife is straight up cityslicker and no way she could handle a ride in the K5 for two days then camp then wheel for 4 days then drive back and SURVIVE!!! Kinda like a parot on you sholder allways skwakin about everthing being dirty and tiring and WOW I better stop before I scare you, hehhehehee
    Good Luck!!!

6. tRustyK5

OK here's the run down. Deb is pretty cool about long trips in my Jimmy. We've done that several times with the kids so no real problem there. She's been wheeling with me a couple of times, but she hates 'shelf roads' with 1000' drop off's beside her for some reason/forums/images/icons/wink.gif AFAIK there's not that much of that in moab. My oldest (Jess) has been wheeling with me a couple of times and seems cool with it, the youngest is probably too young to be scared /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm thinking of at least one or two mellow scenic runs that everyone would be comfortable with and enjoy. For the more hardcore runs I just wanted to be sure there were other things for them to do while I was off trying to roll my truck.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Rene

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And once tRusty is rolled how do you plan on gettin home...hehe

8. tRustyK5

Roll it back over...start it up and go./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm briging a kid, me i'm 17.

anyone bringing their 16 or 17 yr old daughters? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'm bringin my wife and kids so maybe we can take a couple scenic runs together - my kids like being in the k5, and they don't seem scared of much.

11. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

My wife, & 3 kids. Ages are 11-G,9-G,6-B. My wife will do 7 rated and under trails. She also hates Shelf roads. She will be taking the van to go on other excursions, for when we do some of the harder trails. Hope to see some more kids there.
    Later Ed

12. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

My wife will be there but the kids will stay home.

13. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I will be bringing my wife, my 16 yr old boy, my 14 yr old boy, and my 5 yr old girl. There is a slim chance my brother, his wife, his 15 yr old girl, his 3 yr old boy, and his 1 yr old girl might be tagging along. After the bash I am planning on going down to see the Grand Canyon, this will be a family vacation for us as well. As I understand it there are a lot of interesting sites in that area, I plan on doing a lot of site seeing while I am there. As far as wheeling goes I will only be doing mild stuff (family safe). I need to be able drive it home a 1000+ miles./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mike.

14. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

My kids are all grown and gone/forums/images/icons/smile.gif, and wife just started a new job and can't get away/forums/images/icons/smile.gif, me and my K5 will be heading down to Moab alone./forums/images/icons/wink.gif But, I figure keeping Rene out of trouble, chasing the spare parts he'll need to come home on/forums/images/icons/smile.gif and running to town for ice will keep me out of trouble too./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my girl friend Brandy (21) will be coming with me, assuming she doesnt kick me to the curb before then. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif As far as family entertainment goes, I am sure there is lots to do in that area... that said, all I am gonna do is wheel while I am there. Dont really wanna spend all the extra $$$ to do other things and eat at resteraunts every day. Gas is already gonna cost plenty and I need all the $$$ I can for getting my rig ready for the rocks! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Does she have a sister/forums/images/icons/wink.gifJ/K

17. tRustyK5

Mike, we plan on renting a car with AC and checkin out the Grand Canyon on the Monday or Tuesday...my wife has never seen it and really wants to go. It'll be cool for the kids too.

Rene

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

55: she does... and shes single and supposedly hot. Never met her in person so I wouldnt know for sure. At any rate, her sister is like 27... thats out of your age range isnt it? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

19. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Age range??LMAO uuummm nope.

20. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I think the question would be if he is out of her age range... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif LOL