Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Family tree

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 76zimmer, Mar 11, 2007.

1. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Has anyone ever done a search for your family history?
    Mine started when the Eaglles (Mothers ancestors) came to America from England, to settle in New York and New Jersey areas in 1730-1762, migrating north to Five Islands, Nova Scotia, then to Bangor Maine area, where my mother was born. I am 9th generation from the original Eaglles.
    Dads side was from Germany, but don't have much available from them.

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My mom's brother is BIG into geneaology (sp?) her dad'd side of the family came over with Captain John Smith (apparently a historical figure) way back in pilgrim times. My dad's grandpa immigrated from Germany just before the turn of the century. I really hould get a look at all the info my Uncle has about my moms side.

3. 76zimmer

A fellow Limey/Kraut then huh?:bow:
    I heard "Limeys" were coined that phrase because of the fruit they ate to get rid of Scurvey.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my dad would have to explain his side. it would take several hours, its really screwed up. my moms side it preaty staight forward.

i can't remember hardly any of it, but my moms is mostly german (i think) and my dads is Canadian, eh

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I was born in Dayton, Ohio,,,Wright Patterson Air Force Base,,,that's about all i know:( :p:

:D

never really checked though :crazy:

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm amazed that you happened to post this up right about the time I was talking to my newly-discovered half brother. Wow, what a coincidence.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

mom was adopted... so we'll never know. Dad's side were all krauts. Bavarians, Prussians et all.

j

8. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

From what I've found out I'm 1/2 Irish, 1/4 German, and 1/4 Scottish. My wife is 1/2 Jamacian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scottish. My kids are going to have fun if they decide to ever search the family history. Also, I'm related to General George Patton.

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I'm first gen. Filipino/Spanish on my dads side, third gen. German/Irish on my moms side.

My wifes side of the family is big into genealogy, they've traced as far back as the 17th century!

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll have to talk to my uncle about it some day, he's supposedly traced my dad's side way back.

Although, it appears there's some confusion as the name Dannenburg was often changed to Dannenberg for some odd reason, maybe to americanize it or something.

11. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Geneology is a fascinating subject that I enjoy a great deal. Through the work of mostly my extended family, I have become aware of some interesting family history.

I have an ancestor who was on the Mayflower and ancestors that settled in Conneticut in as early as the 1640's. I have read copies of ancestor's wills that designate which son or daughter inherited certain slaves. Going back further, the English and Scotish lines go back to royalty.

My surname is Clarke. Patrick Clarke left Ireland in 1835 to come to the States. He married another Irish immigrant and all of their children were born in the USA.

Pretty much all of my ancestors were from Ireland, England or Scotland.:D

12. 76zimmer

:haha: :haha: thats what I thought when I read your AMAZING post. :D

This is some neat stuff hearing all the geneaology from you guys. I imagine living back then and just saying what the heck, lets sail across miles of sea, to get to a land we don't know much about, and make a go of it.
    Then maybe pack it in a generation or two later, and go to Nova Scotia.... now those must have been iron balls right there.

I would encourage you all to investigate this more while your "elders" are still around to shed some light on it.

13. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

One side of my tree is more like a tumbleweed and would be too confusing to follow. :o

14. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

I have nothing but Vikings and their victims in my "great tree". At least I know where my attitude comes from...

15. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

John Adams and his son John Quincy Adams are my 6th and 7th couisins or at least were they are dead now. You may have heard of them before but if not they were former Presidents of the USA. I have another relative that was a pirate and sold people in the 1700's to people who bought slaves. Most of my mothers side has been done pretty far back have to work on my fathers side and my adopted fathers side.