Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fan clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGDEAL, Jan 21, 2004.

1. BIGDEAL

BIGDEAL Registered Member

i can't find the same one that came on my truck. if the fan fits then the bolt holes are to big, if the bolts fit the fan won't go on. have went to 4 parts places and tried about 10 clutches /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif (1990-sub-4x4-350)

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It shouldn't be hard to find at all. Are you sure you're asking for the right type of clutch? I ordered a flex-a-lite one from Summit racing aand it was a perfect fit.

3. BIGDEAL

BIGDEAL Registered Member

i tell the people the year make and all that 350 every thing

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

That's wierd. It sounds like you're gonna have to take the actual clutch with you and make sure you leave with an exact match.

Good luck, brother.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I had this same problem with my 91 crew cab. I think the problem is part # info being confused due to the body style overlap. I was able to get the right one by backing up to an 83 K30 (I simply chose an application I knew that would fit).

FYI - if you want a super heavy duty fan clutch use this application : 83 K30 dually 454 4spd w/ 4.56 gears. It's more expensive than normal and it will drag the motor down some but you will have no fan clutch related cooling problems.

6. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I think John hit the problem on the head - it might be a C/K v/s R/V thing , most parts people get confused durring those years and applications .
    If you want the mac-daddy of all clutches specify the 4.56 gear option ( it does make a difference ) this clutch is way easier to stay locked up and does extremely well on the trail .
    We have used this clutch application for years on several BBC trucks and all of them cool very well .
    Tom