Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fan controls gone.......HELP!

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by aztec777, Jan 6, 2003.

1. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I've got a 95 Yukon. The heater/AC fan controls have stopped working. I took off the door actuator, controls the flow of air(defrost, heater, vent, etc.), and checked for power to that. Very little power. Also, my AC won't kick on anymore. I've put the truck in a heated garage to make sure it's over 45 degrees with nothing from the AC. Is this a relay problem, circuit board or what? ANY insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Steve

2. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

is it blowing anything? does it kick on and off when it wants to? i just had to replace the blower in my 94 full-size blazer. when id hit a good bump it would kick on. i could feel the heat if i put my hand up to the vents but no forced air. it sucked. if i remember right the blower was like $140 and i didnt install it my mechanic did.....and he said it was a pain in the ass because you have to rip the dash out i guess. goodluck.

3. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

The fan blows fine. I just don't have any control over where it blows. Any other ideas?

4. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

nope......sorry.