Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fan shroud trimming

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Sep 2, 2005.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Feb 27, 2000
    After doing my doubler, I seem to have tilted my engine down slightly in the front, as the fan is rubbing the shroud when I flex and making interesting noises :haha:

First question, did I jack my transmission up too much and am I gonna kill my motor mounts (or have I already?)

Second question, can I just trim the back 1/2" or so off the shroud and be done with it? That seems easier than spacing my multiple crossmembers down (assuming that the answer to #1 is that it's okay.)

Somehow I think going *without* the shroud would be A Bad Thing, but if it's close...

worst case the fan will clearance itself, especially after BlazerBash :haha: ... but I'd rather use a Sawzall or a die grinder than the fan!

-- A
  2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Jul 14, 2005
    trim away, a partial shroud is better than no shroud :hack: . And that fart sound seems to sneak out from under the hood every time youre trying to do something difficult while looking cool! :eek1: