Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fan shroud...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seslick77, Jul 18, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Anybody know a good source for fan shrouds? (cheap) Wondering which one I should get... Radiator is original to the truck which was a diesel. 400 going in this week. Which one should I look for, diesel or 350? 400 not listed in LMC for my year truck(obvious reasons). Diesel also not listed.... I'm thinking diesel but not sure if 3 blade, 400sbc, clutch fan will work with it. What do you guys think?
    Thanks, Sam /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You can still buy the 2 piece ones from GM, so if you can't find good ones locally, you might want to go this route. It will be more expensive, but the used ones are typically pretty brittle, and it doesn't take much to break them. IIRC, my friend told me it was either $20 or $40 for one half from GM, but if you can get the part number, gmpartsdirect.com might be able to beat that.

Not really sure on the 400/6.2 issue though on fan shroud size, the diesel radiator is thicker, but the 400 is the "same size" as a 350, so I've no clue.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Try LMC.. They have the stock shroud.

4. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

LMC is the only place I've looked... It had a 2 piece before. Busted into little pieces when I took it off. Guess I'll try dealer for part numbers and go from there... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif