Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fantasy NASCAR is here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

OK I set us up a team goto Fantasy NASCAR and make your team.
    Once your team is up goto join group.

Our group name is: ColoradoK5.com
    Password: ck5

I think it can hod up to 30 people and its easy to do. The drivers points are kinda high this year but that makes it interesting. Ive done ESPN fantasy for the last 4-5 years so if you have questions ask away /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Hey is it possible to click somewhere to see who has who on their team? Other than that its pretty simple....

3. Stickseler

Nope. You cant see which drivers someone picked until the race locks which is usualy 1hr before qualifing. And if they change drives you wont know till the next lock.
    The odds of 2 people having the same drivers is slim. Most people choose 1 drive from the heart *cough* Petty *cough* but most the time the cost per driver mix it up well. when your capped at 100pts for 5 drivers it makes it hard to pick 5 good drivers so usualy its 1 or 2 good 3 or 4 med and one sucky.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Right on!!!

Only 10 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes, 12 seconds until the flag drops!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Stickseler

Come on only 4 people so far /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I'm in! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I must be a moron cause I've tried twice but I can't figure it out. Maybe that means I shouldn't attempt these types of events. Anyway, I went in and tried to "pick a free team". Also tried logging in & it said invalid.

So, how about some idiot proof directions for us...er me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TIA

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I agree, it is a little convoluted. But that's just because it's ESPN. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

First, go to the Fantasy Racing Page.

If you currently have MSN Passport account, then you can activate a new ESPN account by going to the MSN activation page. Note: MSN Passport accounts are free to setup but remember that anything labled as "free" on the Internet can become a SPAM magnet (like Blueknight's website /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif).

If you don't want to mess with that you can go to the Register for a free account site and setup your own. Remember to remove any checks from the boxes that ask you if you want some FREE stuff .... unless you like SPAM. This page lets you pick your own username and password.

Once you have your new username and password, go back to the Stock car challenge site and sign in.

If you are still having a hard time then you can PM me with all the necessary information and I'll setup an account for you.

The following information is needed to setup an account:

<ul type="square"> [*]First name: [*]Last name: [*]E-mail address: [*]Gender: [*]Date of Birth: [*]Mailing Address: [/list]

You CAN fill in the blanks with bogus info but I would at least use a valid email address.

Better hurry, there is only 10 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes, 57 seconds until the green flag drops. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks Goober,

I get right on it. Your instructions seem to be pretty good. Now for the real test, to see if the are IDIOT PROOF!!!

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Okay, I'm registered. Now, how do I get to the group name area and then setup my team?

(I know, I'm an itiot!!!)

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Once you sign in you should be able to select your drivers. You can join a group before or after you select drivers.

Got to the group directory and look for the "SEARCH" box in the middle of the page. Type in "Coloradok5.com" and hit enter. Our group will be the only one listed. Just click on "Join group" and it will ask for the password. Type in the password and you are there!!!

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your help Goober. All setup &amp; ready to go.

Just wanted to forewron you'll. I'm gonna win /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

how do I drop drivers? Im 17 point over.

14. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

nm i figured it out

15. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm gonna win

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't it be ironic that the guess too stupid to figure out how to get started turns out the guy who wins.

If I were you, I'd rush down to Vegas and bet on "BURBLOVER". The odds are pretty good in your favor and you have the advanced knowledge.

Wait, didn't some Martha chick get in trouble for that? Then again, better not bet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Hey you mind if a buddy of mine joins our group? He drives a Trailduster but we wont hold that against him right now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. Stickseler

Not a problem. One of the guys at work might join too....and he drives an Acura /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif.....and lives in Stafford /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

TTT

C'mon folks. Anybody can join. It's fun and it's free! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

And it's so easy to do that even someone from South Dakota could do it!

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Baaaaaaaa!

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    TTT

C'mon folks. Anybody can join. It's fun and it's free! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

And it's so easy to do that even someone from South Dakota could do it!

Baaaaaaaa!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats too funny /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif!
    No reference to Z3PR /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif!