Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Farewell drive of the K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85m1009, Jun 27, 2003.

1. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Taking the yellow ride for one last ride through the Rockies. It has a new owner in California and I am making the trade in Glenwood Springs, CO on July 1. It is kind of hard to give her up but the time has come to start on another project that is capable of hauling the entire family(keeps getting larger for some unknown /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifreason).

Next project slated as an 89 3/4 ton suburban.

MMMM where do I start? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Too bad that was an awesome ride! Hope it has a good home. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    has to be hard to do I still can't do it with mine yet.

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Big @$$ Rat Block. Keep us posted on the progress. I have a soft spot for Burb's.

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

How about a full convertable burb with some rockwell's? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah Steve, Im going to miss that ride. Looks like you can be my full time Spotter. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Or I could take Layne's - Hellen Keller School of Driving approach! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Guess I need to get by this weekend and check it out one last time. Sounds like a nice Flog around the block is in order! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Steve, got time to pull off of I-70 and go south 8 miles to meet with me? Very easy directions and it would be great/cool to meet you and see the big yellow machine before it leaves you. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I will be rolling through KS early morning on Monday. Might have time for a short break. Give directions and I will try to stop by. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

<sniffle> <sniffle>

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sorry to see it go /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I happen to know someone who is selling a 'burban. Too bad it's on Rockwell's. Wouldn't do you much good in the family haulin' department, but it sure would be fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Damn...i first saw that rig on the why to k5 run...if i member right it was the first time it had hit a trail of any sort...i'm only 60 miles or so from glenwood but i will be working that day or i'd drive up there to see her one last time...but i guess i'll keep my eyes peeled out for a big yellow flash zippin by on I70....

Doug W

11. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Well, you finally saw the light and realized the Beauty of a 'Burb....Could have bought a Burb first, then swapped everything and bingo, instant wheeler and good K5 for sale....

12. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

It's kind of ironic. I salvaged most of the running gear when I originally bought the Blazer from my 85 Suburban. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

omg i can see it now yur gonna have the "poster suburban" of ck5 i bet. 4 link, coilovers hydro assist 4ws... oh wait thats my wish list. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Would it be out of line to ask what it sold for??

15. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Not out of line to ask but I do not have an actual dollar amount. I am trading for an 89 Suburban plus an amount that I think is fair. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I will be rolling through KS early morning on Monday. Might have time for a short break. Give directions and I will try to stop by. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve, I will be at work and my boss is pretty much a dick when it comes to visitors stopping by to chat even for 1 minute. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Kind of sucks when anybody can stop by to chat with the boss but no one can stop to chat with us other workers. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Guess I will try to catch you some other time and just remember your old yellow rig by pictures and stories instead. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn...i first saw that rig on the why to k5 run

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here---Man, those were the days---the best run i have ever been on.

hope she goes to a good home.

18. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where in California?

Selling to a CK5 member?

19. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Talked to Steve yesterday. They were in Glenwood Springs as of last night. They made a quick trip out and will be meeting the guy for the trade today. I think they plan to stop in Denver tonight, then drive the Burban back.

Im still in shock that Steve is getting out of the Blazer an into a more "family friendly" ride. Its a great choice in my book, but it will not be the same without his Yeller rig at my runs. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Im sure once he starts driving that Burban back, he'll wish he hadnt traded.

When I stopped by his place prior to his trip out to Colorado, he mentioned possibly 3 linking the front and installing all of his products on the truck. Should make for a great display rig. But, now he will have to change his color. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Im still in shock that Steve is getting out of the Blazer an into a more "family friendly" ride. Its a great choice in my book, but it will not be the same without his Yeller rig at my runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You an i might be in that boat in the next few years!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif