Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fargin Thieves Again AHHHHHHHH!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

2 nights in a row this week. :angry1:

Some fookstick has a death wish. Our commuter car (aka Honda) has been broken into 3 times in the past 4 months, twice this week. Sunday morning my neighbor comes banging on my door at 6:00am to let me know all our Honda doors are wide open. So I go out and sure enough the doors are open, glovebox and trunk. Nothing taken because we quit keeping anything of value in it, but they were kind enough to leave it opened up like a sardine can. My wife tells me she thought she heard an engine running about 3am but our room is at the back of the house so it's hard to tell sometimes. Lot of false alarms/muted sounds and you cannot hear much of what happens out front.

So Sunday night our daughter comes to visit and stay the night. About 3am her car alarm goes off, she hears it but I don't and instead of getting me up she just looks out the window. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! AHHHHHHHH. She said she thought she saw a shadow but it could have been a play of light. Well this morning there are scratch marks all around her door locks where the bastages tried to get inside. Also the neighbor across the street works for Sears and his van had a busted drivers window, who knows what they took. If she had only come down the stairs and told me, I could have probably got them last night. Her blaring horn probably saved her a broken window.

I'm angry, frustrated, sick and tired of this crap. You can't even friggin relax or sleep in peace in your own damn home without worrying about what is going on in your stinking driveway. I have already removed 2 bushes, cut down our long hedge to a 3 foot nub, changed the landscape to give a more direct view of the street, put in higher wattage lights, put in motion lights, got 2 dogs, nothing freaking works. They just keep doing it over and over again. The local police say there's not much they can do. "Just call us if you see someone".

So tonight I'm going to sit up and attempt to catch the low life. Wish me good hunting. I figure it's a local person because they are too damn bold and comfortable. Just taking their sweet-ass time out there. Ever wonder what makes these people steal? I'll never understand it, I just hope I can put a stop to it. Maybe cameras are next but I hate to start that lunacy.

I'm am a law abiding, respectful, thoughtful, easygoing person. It takes a great deal to push me to the physical violence threshold, but I am there tonight. Complete frustration has set in. Time to squeal punk, with a cherry on top.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Ain't it just grand? I really wish we could electrify our cars but with my luck I'd kill one of our cats instead of the car thief.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Motion light do work most of the time. Most thieves don't like it when the lights come on.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ya need a flash bang grenade. non lethal, but will deffan a person and temp blindness... rig one in the glove box, one uner the car, one in the trunk and one in the drivers seat in a stuffed animal. load the car up with empty boxes and then go to sleep.

they might get away, but i guarentee they wont do it again. also the crew, if more than one may leave the one behind. tear gass is legal in a lot of states as well.... but hard to get out of a car. thats why ya rig them up about 50 feet, in 6 directions, away from the car and one trigger sets them off..... say the dome light....

once they go off then person/s are screwed. they might try to drive off, but will get caught in it at one point or another. then watch from your portch and carth them... keep a mask handy though...
    Grant

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if you see them call the cop and say this time I am going to shoot them!!!!!

then hang up, might catch a little heat but it sure will get them there faster!!

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think at this point, it's worth it to you to pick up a wireless surviellance camera, and focusing it on the cars, keeping a weeks worth of recording all the time. Home Depot has a set for $200, two wired cameras and a monitor, but there's so much cheaper stuff you can buy on the net now that the Home Depot kit's not really worth it anymore.

I'd get one or two cameras, a pc with a big hard drive and a video capture card or device, and run the camera's into it. There's free software out there that can monitor the image received and only record when motion is detected, so you can basically skim the recording to see if anyone entered the zones.

It would be great to put in some decoys so they fill up and go away thinking they scored but be empty handed in the morning.

I don't know if I'd wait up tonight. It sounds like they're very patient and strike once a month.

Also, I'd consider them potentially dangerous. If they're bold and brazen enough to vandalize arbitrarily and rip off your vehicles in front of your house repeatedly, it might only be a matter of time before they enter your house one night thinking you're not home or something. Loaded firearms and firearm training for the younguns can be a good thing...

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

you could always put a nice radio in the car, and then attach some razor blades to the back of it with some duct tape. When they reach back to pull it out.. lololol. what're they gonna do, call the cops and say they hurt themselves?

If you don't want to use razor blades, you could fashion a bracket with rusty sharp edges under there. hello tetnaus shot.

I hate thieves.. what makes them do it? easy.. nobody's crippled them yet.

Tom

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

had a guy locally do just that, they found the tip of a finger on the floorboard of his car. was only a few days before someone surfaced with an infected finger, the tip had been cut off. narrows the search right down.

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah they are comming, and they arent afraid of you either. They will keep comming too. Dude, this stuff happens to me all the time, last week they busted out a 135 dollar window from my e250 ford work van, and tried to get the stereo, they are so stupid, they left my cds, and couldnt figure out how to get my stereo, lol, so they got nothing. My blazer has been broke into around 3 times too. I used to think about waiting outside for them, but, na. I since have put in new alram systems and turned that thing up all the way on HIGH. another thing i do is park one right next to eachother, like 3 inches away. You have to be carefull because if you touch them, you go to jail. Sucks dosent it? I feel your pain. ,, but ionce the alarms were turned up, no more problems.

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So what's the word from the front?

Maybe you need one of those fancy "energy-beam weapons!"

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Okay, 1st nights survelliance results 1:00am to 3:15am.

One Longmont Dairy Milkman, scruffy beard, smoking a cigarette.
    One gray bobtail cat
    One howling whimpering dog - NOPE - neighbors screwing from 2:15 until 2:54

Boy do I wish, dance burglar dance.

I had some good ideas though while sitting there listening to the yowling session. It's the humor in life that makes it worth living. At least it kept me awake.

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If the car was a little bigger Like our Impala , I would of suggested laying down in the trunk and popping out of the backseat and scaring the living $&& out of the guy :D

13. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that. I wish I worked your area and could help you with this issue. I deeply despise burglary/vandalism with a fierce passion. This is not something to be taken lightly. Just the act of entering the vehicle with the intent to steal ANYTHING of value (even a penny) is a Class 5 FELONY in addition to other charges such as theft, if commited (FELONY if > $500). :mad:

I truly hope you catch them. Maybe you will be lucky enough to have them attempt to assault you, defending yourself can be fun. Just be careful.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Thanks Kevin, and the rest of you guys I appreciate that.

I just needed to vent and get it out of my system. As long as my garage is full and the car is parked outside there is not much to do except stay up around 3am, watch for a bit, and hope I get lucky.

I thought about patrolling on foot just to get a feel for what goes on in this area in the wee hours. I may just pick up some cheap night vision and keep watching.

Patience and self control, this person has a pattern and I'll catch a break eventually. :D

15. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

Just do what I did and go to the sporting goods store and buy a large pack of small fishing hooks. The ones i got have two hooks on one shank kind of like a treble hook but with only two hooks. Take the front pannel off the dash and install the slip collar and deck. Do all of your wireing and confirm that every thing works the way it should. Now take your 24 fish hooks and solder them all over the back of the deck carefull to use a hot iron and be quick as to not get the deck chasis any hotter than it needs to. Let it cool off and make sure every thing still works as it should and replace the plastic dash piece. Now just wait for the screams as the little %ucker goes to pull your deck but it wont move {for all the fish hooks} so he reaches up under the dash to pull it loose and GOT EM He goes to yank his hand back and BAMB got em six more times and he cant get loose the more he trys the worse it gets. Then with all the dogs barking and the loud noises hes making from trying to get his punk %ss out from under your dash you wake up grab your gun go out side point the gun at him and tell him that if he moves hes getting it. Start yelling as loud as you can to wake up every neighbor around and invite them over to watch. Give each neighbor there turn at telling him how much they use to like there old cds and deck and tools and whatever else he has taken from them all the while slamming the truck door on his legs. After every one has had there turn call the cops. Go back to bed and sleep good knowing that that little %ucker is at the hospital having your deck surgically removed from his hot little hand. Call the paper the next day and have them do an artical on the fiascal. There problem solved no more punks stealing your junk.
    Aaron

16. google

google 1/2 ton status

I leave all my doors unlocked now for that reason. Nothing in my truck is worth more than the damn window.

17. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Love the fish hook idea, except the clean up could get messy if you have carpet. If not just hose all the bloody mess out of your rig :haha:

BTW jiminycricket where do you live?

18. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

Hooked

I too, was wondering where this den of lawlessness is. And i love the fish hook thing as well.
    In the old days the London gangsters used to sew razor blades onto the rear of the lapels of their double-brested suit jackets. when one of their 'enemies' went to grab them by lapels for a head-butt... they left their fingerprints behind, literally! Ha Ha.
    Good Luck with your mission.

19. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I think I've had more laughs reading all the gruesome ideas than I've had in a while. :haha:

Longmont, CO .........The Land of Burglars

By the way I've recruited my two next door neighbors on each side to keep an eye out. The one to my West has had similar break-ins. All right around 3am. Both are older like me but they act just like kids when they talk about ways to lay booby traps.

20. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I'm moving either there or to Loveland in a couple of months. I didn't think it was that bad.. hmm.. I better go get some fish hooks. :doah: