Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Farm implement paint (priceless)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Apr 5, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Farm implement paint/ 1gal- 17.99
    Primer/ 1gal- 15.00
    Actually figuring out how to talk the wife into letting you get out of honey do's /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifto paint your frame- priceless
    Anyone got any good ideas? All the damn woman want's me to do these days is take care of the kiddo and remodel the house. I need some garage time.

2. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Re: Farm implement paint

Kinda sucks having responsibilities huh? When I was a kid all I wanted to do was hurry up and grow up, now all I want to do is play with my toys. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Re: Farm implement paint

I used Wal-Mart 94 cent per can orange and black spray paint on the Blazer I was driving that Saturday at the ORV park. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta love cheap paint.

As far as a way out of doing stuff, I don't have a clue. I guess being single does have some benefits.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

What really sucks is "pay up" after "getting out" quite a few times. I'm in the "pay up NOW" mode. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So, finishing the remodeling (on hold mostly for the last 2 years) starts NOW... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

She seems to love standing around and telling me what to do though. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    All the damn woman want's me to do these days is take care of the kiddo and remodel the house

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lucky! Mine doesn't even want me remodelling the house /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif To top it off, the "Honey Do" time is rationed - so there's always more stuff to do than I can possibly get done /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

At this rate my kid(s) will be wrenching on my project before I do /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

God old John Deere green..................... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

You remodel the house, she puts down the Bon-Bons and paints the frame....

Take the kid to the garage with you, great bonding time. My 5 yr old daughter really likes helping Daddy work on the truck. Finally, I found someone that can get dirtier than I do and accomplish even less !! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    I work a 24/72 hour shift, meaning I work a day and am off for three. Do the math, I only work two days a week, eight days a month. So I'm home with the kids during the day AND do all the house keeping. sounds rough but it's not. I found that I can do all the chores in about two hours each day and my kids love to be involved in what ever I do. My wife comes home and actually feels guilty for "all" I do, he he he /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and will give me several days of being able to do what I want... without kids. Heck, she even will buy me beer and suggest I take "some time for myself." It's the perfect scam, I get to play with my kids, spend money on parts, work on my truck AND get praised for it. As far as painting goes, I'm a big fan of spending a lil' extra dough and using POR-15. If you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS, it's super strong and looks great. I have tried several other products and I think nothing beats it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    My wife comes home and actually feels guilty for "all" I do

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she have a sister? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    yes, she has a sister, but you wouldn't want her..... she can't get enough sex. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

12. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    All the damn woman want's me to do these days is take care of the kiddo and remodel the house. I need some garage time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's she doing while you are watching your child and remodeling your house?

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

It's pretty easy. Nut up and tell her how it is. Do some around the house, but make her do some too. And get your own damn time. Everybody needs some. Now, if you're working on your rig 5 nights a week, that's probably a bit crazy, but if you're just talking about 1 or 2 nights, take the power back sir.

Oh and btw, call your cable company and ask them to take off hgtv and tlc. you'll find the urges your wife has to remodel will go down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yes, she has a sister, but you wouldn't want her..... she can't get enough sex. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHHHHH, no comment!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I dont know much about wife thing, but I've been using paint called RUST CONTROL from Walmart its about $2 a can and I'm buying the satin black. After I cleaned up my sliders I painted them with this paint installed them on my the truck. We literally hard to BURN /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif the paint off to make a contact to weld to.
    [​IMG]
    I scraped it with a screw driver, a chizle and the wire bruch and still could not get threw the paint! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    You can bet I'm not buying the Kylon Rust cap Paint at $4 a can anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

I use the black implement paint on big things that I can use a roller on but you can't beat a rattle can for little things. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    God old John Deere green..................... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    How about Massey Ferguson(sp) Red! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Bill

17. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I sign............ /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I use NAPA commercial coatings made by Martin Senour. It's about 30 beans a can and well worth it. It comes it popular equipment colors. I'm about to put it on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. I use it on all of the landfill equipent that I maintain and it takes one hell of a beating.

19. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

Something that works for me is to blow up, make a huge deal out of 4 or 5 little bitty things. Make an ass of yourself! Then go back and appologize and explain that you have "needs". You will either get laid or garage time, either way...you win! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif