Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FarSoCal and AZ

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DavidB, Jul 19, 2005.

1. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

EDIT 5-9-06 You southwest (Yuma) AZ guys oughta hop in too...

EDIT 3-31-06 Please subscribe to this thread if you're interested in wheeling with us in SoCal so you will know when trips are coming up.

EDIT END.

Hey all...first off, i'm introducing myself in the wrong place...but yeah I'm David, the ?famous? :D K10Andy's brother. I've probably met some of you (hey ARQ!) if you've come down to TDS. I no longer live in SLO (though right now it doesn't sound bad, it's HOT in El Centro!)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wow! That must be some strong drink you have there while typing all that. :thinking: :haha:

3. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

A&B Truck

4. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

yeah it DID get kinda long, huh? and i tend to slang my typin' jest a wee bit. but look who's talking about bein goofy! :D :bow:

A friend is Like a Good Bra ... Hard to Find.
    They're Supportive ...
    Comfortable ... Always lifts you up ...
    Makes you feel better...
    And Always Close To Your Heart!!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  5. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Thank you...that your only recommendation? And can you stab at what they'll charge me? I know that if you buy from some1 who know what it is, it ain't cheep. :doah:

Just read your profile/bio :bow: :bow:

How 'bout sum specs (pics?) of that-there V10 blazer? :eek1:

6. BAJA_BLAZER

They are very common, I'm sure someone will explain.

7. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

It appears I've been had...I assume the V10 somehow is a twisting of terminology?

8. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

No more recommendations? :crazy:

9. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

Did you check the junkyards in calexico? I know there are at least 2. You never know.

10. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

nah, didn't know/think of that. prolly oughta get with someone who knows mexicali too eh? where's arq when you need him...? BTW, where you from?

11. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

I'm from Brawley. The junk yards I am talking about aren't too big but you never know. Mexicali has a load of Junkyards and I have been to quite a few. Unfortunately it's too hot to be out and about right now. BTW what welding shop do you work at? I cracked my frame and need to get it welded.

12. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

It's a cryin' shame we haven't run into each other yet! Bring your truck down to Wymore's and I'll fix it up for ya! (After hours=free for a fellow wheeler, otherwise, it's $65/hr) Grandpa started it in '47, mom runs it now, and my brother K10Andy and i get to work on our junk after hours :D

You know Arq? He lives here in EC...haven't seen him much lately tho...he and I both recently got married, had babies. Or rather, our wives did :rolleyes:

13. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

PS ever get your suspension softened up? I bet my brother and I can get it riding better between what's on your truck and what we have laying around...for not much, if any coin :D

14. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

Cool I have been to Wymore before to pick up some stuff for a place I used to work for."Water Tech". I'll try and take the truck in as soon as I can. I have it in Mexicali right now because I have no plates and I have to take it to a "test only" place to smog. It has a 73/74 454 engine with nothing for smog I don't even have a "cat" on it. I am gonna have to make it Mexican but it's all good.

My suspension needs softening up big time. I broke the mounts where the shocks go up front on both sides, and that thing rode the same, I didn't even notice till I went to wash it. If I go down a washboard road I have to go real slow otherwise it bounces everywhere....................

15. BAJA_BLAZER

No twist,
    89, 90 and 91's are V10's.

16. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

V10 WHAT? Chevy doesn't make a V10 engine...?
    this must have sumthin to do with the trucks changing in 88 and the blazers not?

17. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Give me a call 352-2045 (David) or PM or email me when you're ready, we'll do it after 5 or on a weekend or sumthin'. I'm curious about avoiding smog thru mex...you'll have to 'splain me.

We can prolly get rid of/swap out/taper some of your leaves as well as open up those clamps, maybe put some thin spacers/lube between the leaves and ditch half those shocks. check out my brother's chevy. he tried 4" tuff coutry leaves and wasted 'em (sagged) so he made his own spring pack, might be some pix. I assume you air down when 'wheeling?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/k10acnc/my_photos

18. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

I'll give you a call as soon as I get my truck over here. Hopefully I will find some time this summer. I don't use it at all in summer, too hot and no a/c :frown1: .

I am gonna have to put Mexican plates on the truck and get rid of the my Cali ones. It's either that or have no plates at all.

Those are some nice pics, looks like fun. Where do you usually wheel? I go to Glamis so yes I air down but only to 24 psi because it gets real bouncy on the way back at 24 so I won't go lower. I will probably be going to Mexicali this weekend if I do I will post some pictures of the cracked frame and my spring packs.

19. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

BTW here are a few pics of my front springs.

Pics

20. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

We go to superstition mostly....lots of different terrain, scenic views.
    Here's my album :

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmbyrum8185/my_photos

Airing down for sand you should be under 20 front, 15 rear psi...how wide are your wheels? look like about 8"? Lemme know when ya wanna fiddle with your rig.