Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fastrac soft top questions....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by personaltrainer, Mar 28, 2005.

1. personaltrainer

personaltrainer 1/2 ton status

i did a search and still had a couple of questions for those with experience with this top.
    1. do you like it?
    2. are 5 or 3 windows more desirable
    3. do ALL of the windows (including the back corner ones) unzip on the 5 windew model?

lastly what are your overall thoughts on the top. I like the way it looks but if there are probelms with it I'll take another route. thanks.

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I have one...I like it, seems durable and it doesn't leak. I picked the 5 window design, I wanted better visibility. Even with the dark tint and it all sealed up I think I can see better than with the hard-top.

The two corner windows do not zip out, here's the only pic I have of it. The back window is rolled up, and the sides are removed.

[​IMG]

Also, here is what it looks like folded down: notice the aluminum on the bedsides and along the back of the half cab.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

-Mark

3. personaltrainer

thanks mark - truck looks great. Mine is in the body shop getting prepped for paint. I have to decide on some colors, then order the soft top. I like the 5 window design better from an asthetic standpoint - but wondered if anyone had anything negative to say about it??

anyone else???? opinions

4. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

I am going to order the 5 window next week, they are 3 weeks delivery right now...

Also do a google search for STS Fastrack Tops as there are a couple of better prices than from offers on this website...
    STS Fasttrack, Tinted Windows... $542.05 :D including shipping....

Maybe we could do a Group Purchase like they do on Other Web Sites....... :blush:

SG

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Ive got the 5 window and love it. Its been on for 3 years, I even left it on all winter and the only problem I have is a 3" piece of side window has seperated fro the canvas. But overall I'm just waiting for it to warm up so I can drive it more :grin:

6. personaltrainer

ordered the 5window type - blk with tinted windows. Should be here in 3 weeks or so. I'll keep ya'll posted.
    current exterior paint sceme is gonna be white with a navy blue stripe in it. That's my plan for today anyway! The colors seem to be changing pretty regularly!