Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fasttrac Curtain/tonneau

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blaz89, Mar 7, 2005.

1. blaz89

blaz89 Newbie

Hi i am new here and i wanted to ask you all about these tonneau covers for my 89. I am currently at college and i want to be able to have the top off my blazer and i want to be able to secure my blazer up at night. How hard it it to change from the soft top to the hard top and vice versa. And also how does this certain soft top affix itself to the blazer. Would it be hard to switch back and forth
    Thanks Tim

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Here is a pic of mine with that top...

[​IMG]

Q:Is it easy to switch between the two tops?
    A: Are you kidding -have you ever taken your hard top off before? No, it will not be "easy" especially if you want to do it nearly every day. I do it twice a year, and that's enough for me.

Q: how does the top attach to the blazer?
    A: You have to bolt down some metal strips (that the tonnaue cover latches onto to) on the bedsides, and then you have to SCREW IN metal strips for the cab portion, where that portion latches to. You also have to srew in a metal strip on your tailgate - but that can stay there permanently.

My Advice: I am also in college, so I see peoples stuff getting ripped off all the time. Basically if you're going to run this top, you have to pretend like there is NO top on your truck. Don't leave anything really valuable in there overnight, and if you do, it better be locked inside a bolted down box. :)

EDIT: Oh, and WELCOME TO CK5!! :D

3. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

ive got one..... no, its not easy. not something you want to do often. it is not very secure. it's got holes on either side. you can just reach up, unzip a little, and reach around to unlock the door....

Topless-001a.jpg

4. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

if it rains and water collects on the top, and you backup, or go foreward and stop, well.... you get a lake inside your cab.... ask me how i know....
    i found you can backup, and stop real quick and make the water flow off the back instead of in through the holes.

B to C - do you have the same problem?

Topless2-002a.jpg