Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fattie McButterpants!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Apr 20, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I've been walking and just started running! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

My GF and I have been walking too... Been about 2 weeks now.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Running sucks!!!! By the way, 18 months ago, I weighed in at 260, as of last weekend I was at 228.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

270 and holding here - Been holding onto a good diet, cut way down on the "hydraulic sandwiches", and training constantly - but the weight just quit coming off. I look at it like this - they spent a little over 2 grand on fire gear for me, so I may as well stay the same size until it wears out/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.......and the winner for the weakest excuse not to lose weight is????????

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Try this; but forget the 20 miles a day on a bike unless you can do it. When I started my program, I had a protein shake in the morning before work, then one protein bar about two hours later, then another protein bar a couple of hours later, then maybe a light snack when I got off at 2pm, then dinner. The dinner was whatever, didn't matter if it was fatty or not. After I had started dropping the pounds, I started to get fries everyso often during my "third meal" of the day, didn't hurt. These days, I'm a little off this program since I'm doing PT a couple of times a week.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Try this; but forget the 20 miles a day on a bike unless you can do it. When I started my program, I had a protein shake in the morning before work, then one protein bar about two hours later, then another protein bar a couple of hours later, then maybe a light snack when I got off at 2pm, then dinner. The dinner was whatever, didn't matter if it was fatty or not. After I had started dropping the pounds, I started to get fries everyso often during my "third meal" of the day, didn't hurt. These days, I'm a little off this program since I'm doing PT a couple of times a week. By the way, the protein bars I eat are from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.premiernutrition.com>http://www.premiernutrition.com</a>. They are actually pretty good.

7. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Losing body fat is more inportant than losing weight. You might be gaining muscle and losing fat. You can get body fat monitors for about $40.

8. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You're probably right - I've really quit paying too much attention to it. I can do the Forest Service pack test (3 miles, 40 lb pack in 45 minutes) in just over 40 minutes without having a heart attack, so I don't see too much of a problem.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just got off the scale, 268 lbs without my shoes. I'm a fluffy kid. I wieghed 165 this time last year. I've been lazy all winter, and snacking way to much !!!!!

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Cripes ! 100 lbs. in a year ! Time to start walking to Subway and having lunch with Jared ! I thought I was doing bad since gaining 50-60 lbs. in the last 2 years ! I have a Dr. appointment on Wednesday and I'm going to see what I can do to get back to my regular weight !

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Biggest factor is I quit useing Meth.

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> If you're serious, I think you're better off being 100 lbs. heavier !

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I feel it's best to be open about my past. I won't denie what I was, and what I am now. My life is much happier now. Alot heavier too.

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.firefightersworkout.com>www.firefightersworkout.com</a> - It's run by a New York Fire Captain, he has alot of good stuff on healthy yet edible food and exercise programs you don't need a ton of equipment or time for, and won't burn you out too quick.

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Thanks ! I'll check it out ........ I lose weight real fast, I just need to get started ya know !

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll try that also, spring is here, so I need to loose the fat if I want to start dating strippers again.

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> The second I get active the fat just falls off of me, I just need to start...........not so easy when I'm run down a lot of the time with little or no motivation with the crappy weather !

18. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I hear ya there - during my 5 months of unemployment I got up to 320. I've dropped 50 in a little less than 6 months with no real diet changes except for cutting back on the beers and pretty much eliminating Cokes - I allow one 12 oz. Mr Pibb with lunch on days I work and that's about it.