Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Favorite Fitness Supplements?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Dec 12, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Just curious. A few recent fitness/weightlifting threads got me wondering what everybody else is taking. Here's my list and why I like it:

Creatine: SAN Labs V-12 Fruit Punch - it's tasty and dissolves well, and it seems to be working extremely well

Protein#1: EAS 100% Whey Strawberry - got a deal, five 10lb tubs for $90.00, tastes good.

Protein#2: MuscleMilk Chocolate - very tasty, not too thick

Vaso-dialator: NO-Xplode Orange - this stuff gives me the craziest pumps ever. What's not to like?

Ephedrine: Yellow Swarm - One word: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOM!

2. firefighter184

Oh, and why not add HOW you use them...

NO-Xplode @ 4:00am, in the gym by 5:00am.
    MuscleMilk immediately following workout (around 6:30am)
    EAS Protein @ 10:00am and 3:00pm
    Yellow Swarm @ noon
    Creatine @ 8:00pm

After a couple years of getting fat and lazy, I've been back in the gym EVERY day for a month now, and have gained an inch on the biceps, the chest is looking more pectoral less man boobish, and all of my lifting weights have increased by an average of 30% or better in the past month. Example: After two plus years away from the gym, when I started again I was doing dumbell curls with a 25 pounder and struggling. This morning I did three sets of 10 with a 40 pounder.

I decided if I'm going to be tatooing my chest, etc, I'd better be in decent enough shape to not be embarrassed to take off my shirt. So far so good...

By the way, I have been very hapy with www.cheapvitamins.com as an awesome source for supplements. The local GNC wants $65.00 for a 2lb tub of the NO-Explode, this place has 'em for $35.00. Even with shipping that's still a way better deal...

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I usually just get the cheapest whey protein i can find. I can't tell much difference.

On the N.O. Xplode.........I'm with you. That stuff works great, but it tastes like $^*T.

Do you take the N.O. xplode AND creatine at the same time?

Creatine powder works but it will dry you out and "stop things up". That is NOT good. :crazy:

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

firefighter,

what's your height and weight?

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The only supplement I use is ON's(Optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey. For the money it offers the highest percentage of whey protein per serving.

I'm not a big fan of Creatine. It really dehydrates me, which doesn't lend well to my line of work.

All the rest of my needs are obtained from good old fashioned food. :rotfl:

6. firefighter184

Tiger, the new NO has a creatine mix in it, but I also take the other creatine at night just to keep my levels up.

As far as my height and weight, right now I'm at 5-11, 230lbs. I was running about 260 early this year, but started watching what I ate and playing racquetball and got down to 210 by August. Then I slid off the wagon and gained 10 pounds back. So I'm figuring I've gained 10 pounds of musclemass in a little over a month. I'm still packing a sizeable gut (to me, anyway), but I'm just lifting my ass of every single day until March. By then, I figure I'll be big enough in the chest and shoulders that the belly will disappear out of sheer terror. Here's a pic from a couple months ago:

BigArms.jpg

7. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

The only way I can do the creatine powder is to take it WITH metamucil and drink LOTS of water. Got to keep things moving.

8. firefighter184

I drink around six or seven 32 ounce bottles of water per day.

And I drop a deuce every three hours like clockwork. My digestive system is a tribute to efficient waste disposal.:o

9. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I'm 5'11 205. I've been lifting since I was 12. Not always consistent but pretty much. Raquetball is great cardio. I used to play in college alot and for anyone that has never played, an hour of raquetball will leave you beat.

You are a pretty stout guy. I'm sure it won't take long to get where you want to be, especially if you keep lifting that hard and sticking with the cardio.

Does taking that much creatine not dry you out/"stop things up"?

10. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I must have posted while you did. sorry about that.

11. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

What is Yellow Swarm? Is that a fat burner?

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Crank you can buy at a Kwik-e-Mart.

13. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

I believe it is a stacker 2 product. Fat Burner...

14. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Am I thinking of a product called "Yellow Jackets?"

15. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i dont really use anything...sometimes ill take amino jack but thats kinda a rareity...and all it is, is all the amino acids you should have in a day...but usualy i dont take anything

im 6'2 245ish and im diabetic...that has alot to do with how big i am ;p

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's what they call it down here, but it does not have ephedrine in it anymore.

17. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

What are these supplements you speak of? I mean I see them in the stores, but I've no idea what they are for. I'm 5'9", 155lbs, in shape, run, I've never taken any of these things, mostly out of concern of what the heck is in them. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but why are these even nessesary? Is a good diet not good enough?

18. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Here is a simple answer. You only take supplements if you are an athlete. Or over weight.

Supplements like creatine and others are there to add water to your muscles to make you look bigger. The down side is if you take it and not work out it turns to fat. I was an owner of a sports nutrition company and we manufactured supplements so i have a ton of knowledge in this field.

Many people take them because of advertisements or what not and have no idea how they work.

If you are a body builder then it is an easy way to get bigger and to help keep your joints from going bone on bone. As an athlete there are many things out there to help you perform better that are not illeagal. However as the years go by. organizations such as baseball are cracking down on them. The NFL does not like the fact that players use them. But there is nothing they can do because they are a legal to use.

If you are overwieght and want to slim down (usually 30 lbs or more) supplementation is a nice way to kick start your progress.

If you take a person that is say 5'9 and weighs 250 lbs and they diet with out supplements it would take them several months to achieve a certain goal. Where as Fat burners and such with cut your time in half. Usually 90 days for most achievable goals. As long as you eat correctly and exercise.

hope this helps. if you want any more info just pm me.

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

This is exactly the same stuff I use. Chocolate is my flavor. And also got some ON Glutamine pills, too.

I can't get to the weight room as much as I'd like anymore since I have the kids two more days out of each week than before. Now I'm thinking about buying my own weight set to stock up here at home on the back porch. I can have the shop class at school make me the bench and I will likely get my barbells, weights, dumbbells, etc. from WalMart or eBay.

Anyone recommend any good places to get the equipment? New or used, I don't care as long as its cheap.

20. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you buy home gear, get one of those bowflex things. It has more spots to hang clothes on.