Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Favorite Improvised Weapons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Nov 28, 2005.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Personally, I enjoy railroad spikes. Great fist packs, and about an inch of tapered metal out one end, and a bonker on the other! Quarters too, if nothing else. What do you guys like, barring knives, swords, and guns?

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

There's a 4 D-cell MagLite in between the seat and center console. The poleece man didn't like my SOG Seal combat knife. So now I just use blunt objects.

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wrap your fist around a lighter. Sounds dumb but it's a great fist pack that most people have on them in a pinch. Other than that a 10 bolt R&P, just because that's all 10 bolts are good for :p:

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

The lighter is comfortable... I worry about the cheap plastic though, and I don't smoke anyway.

5. gauder

gauder Banned

4D on a bracket on my seat in my truck, and under the seat of the wife's. The 2A mag-lites make great kubotan's too. I've used it at work for that on a few occasions.

6. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

"...and a bonker on the other." haha, good term.. thick diameter re-bar for the hay-makers, more narrow piece just to add some extra 'umph' to the swing.. then if things get outta control the little league TPX bat between seat and console, and the maglite, but that's kinda expensive so it's a last resort.. so far havent had to use them, surprising considering some of my friends.. :waytogo:

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

My kids usually keep people at a good 10ft radius away from me :haha:

8. mikey_d05

Without going into too much detail. I've used 'em twice when I was in a bad spot. Don't know how much it actually helped cuz the adrenaline was flowing but neither of them broke.

Then again maybe I just punch like a girl :crazy:

If we're talking about what we keep in our trucks, I have an aluminum bat along with a ball and glove in case I get pulled over.

9. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Drumsticks I think would make good improvised weapons. Remember that most of them are made out of good old American Hickory!!!

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I would think drumsticks to small (read: light) to do much unless you sharpen them or get someone in the eye? Now the cymbals... :wink1:

11. Inu-Hanyou1776

Not if you use marching-size drumsticks. Those kinds of drumsticks are thick and big! They have to be so the drums they're used on are good and loud.

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Gotcha! Those I've seen have a good bit of weight in the end, and do hurt...

13. Inu-Hanyou1776

As for the cymbals being used as weapons, yeah I see what you mean. My 12" Splash is the perfect size I think for sharpening the edges of it, then throwing at somebody to dig into them.

14. mikey_d05

I thought we were talking improvised on the spot...hell if you give me enough time I could turn this here desk lamp into a killing machine.

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Let's think little or no preparation.

16. Inu-Hanyou1776

Improvised on the spot? Well then my cymbals would not make good weapons unless I grab the whole stand and started swinging. I'm not taking them off the stands.

17. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

the re-bar is pretty quick, just found 2 pieces on the jobsite, cut off excess wrap in duct tape and blamo, sluggermeister.. although i crushed my pinkie making the big one, which resulted in my throwing it across the garage in vain and profanity, but hey, i guess i just found a double purpose- if he's that big, throw it at him and run.. or create a mutant desk lamp assassinator, eh mikey_d?? :haha:

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

since i live in the GAY state of california 4 d cell mags ate not technicaly legal to cary in any shape... lethal weapon they say...

i like my kershaw black out, but you said improvised... so in most situations around an office.. paper cutter blade. parking lot, antenna.... mall, a fake tree. light, long and a bit giving for a nice solid welt yet not to many broken bones.

Grant

19. Inu-Hanyou1776

I need to take a photo of one of the improvised maces my dad made from this thick cable that full of these thick strands of copper. He stripped the insulation off it a good ways, then bent all the thick copper wires out and turned them into spikes. They both look NASTY and like you could kill somebody quickly with them. And it'd be a messy kill too.

20. mikey_d05

Don't laugh, you might be next...

SUC50001.JPG