Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fawkin biker!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Mar 7, 2003.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

So, Nick and I are on our way home just a few minutes ago from visiting his parents. We get into the right turn lane and Nick makes a comment about a bike that's been riding his ars acting like 'he's gonna split us'. So, we pull up to the red light and start looking. It's hard to see on coming cars cause we're in the camaro and there's two trucks at the light. So, Nick's inching forward and all of the sudden that fawkin bike goes around us on the left side and takes off! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

FAWKING IDIOT!!!

We catch up with him a few lights later and he's going to turn left...the same way we're going. So, he gets in the right lane of the left turn lane, then cuts us off when he swirves to the left lane of the turn lane. Now, Nick is really pissed so he pulls up next to him and rolls down the window:

Nick: Hey, man...what's up?
    Igit: Hey (thinking Nick's going to complament him on his bike)
    Nick: Man...I hate to say it, but riders like you give riders like me a bad name.
    Igit: (not understanding)
    Nick: I mean, you go around riding like an idiot...
    Igit: (cuts him off) I earned the scars on my face...I didn't get them all by fighting
    Nick: /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif You really ought to ride more carefully cause they way you're riding gives all the other riders a bad name
    Igit: That was a yeild sign back there not a stop sign
    Nick: Well, it was tough to see on coming cars
    Igit: Well, whatever...
    Nick: (light turns green) You're driving like those crotch rockets popping wheelies all the time

Then the igit speeds off.

I hope the guy thinks about things before he gets smeared on the highway... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If he does get smeared all over the hwy, it'll be one less igit to watch out for. Sorry, but I can't stand riders that don't care if they live, die, or hurt others becouse of the way they ride thier bikes. I grew up around Harley's and was tought at a young age to respect the bike, the road, and watch for cars becouse most of them don't watch for you.

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Today is s'posed to be about 80...so startin' around 9am or so, there will be a Mob of crotch rockets runnun' the Farm Road I live on...they come around that curve near my house at about 70mph draggin' a knee...last year one of them ran an old lady off the road and she died (from a heart attack)...my small community has complained to the county, but it hasn't stopped the bikers...lotsa Accountants on Harley's, but at least they don't ride like they have a death wish...I agree, ya meet a buncha fawkin' idjits on rockets...

4. muddin4fun

This guy was riding a harley though! Usually you see those guys riding like they have a head on their shoulders...usually...

And why didn't you come to the meeting thursday? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Didn't make the meeting Thurs cause I didn't get out of the dang Dr office until almost 6pm!!...I had appt for 4pm...Dang Dr's think I got all the time in the world to sit around waintin' on Them...Had a 1pm, saw the Dr at 2:45...Had a 4pm and saw the Dr at 5:40 for 10 Freakin' Minnits!!...AND there were still people waiting in the Lobby... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. muddin4fun

And he charged you 300 bucks, right?

Damned doctors....

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Y'all were way to easy on the guy..

Should have clocked the guy with a header and swiped his [censored]. As he obviously can't handle the responsablity.

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

20 grand in 20 minutes does not make him a biker.......

John

9. muddin4fun

[ QUOTE ]
    20 grand in 20 minutes does not make him a biker.......

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer to call the people who buy bikes, bikers. People who actually ride with a head on their shoulders are riders...in my eyes

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This guy was riding a harley though! Usually you see those guys riding like they have a head on their shoulders...usually...

And why didn't you come to the meeting thursday? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

out here in the land of AZ we have LOTS of hogs. funny thing is i personaly would want another hog out here. back cylander likes to get hotter than it needs to. anyway, i work at a USMC search and rescue unit in Yuma. we get a lof of calls about hog riders with a smashed in skull cus no helmet. thier fault.
    even if they were hit, i feel they are at fault. they need to have a helmet on. its stupid not to. it is even more stupid to ride like an a$$. it gives us cautious riders a BAD rep. your driver did the right thing buy trying to make him feel stupid. and im sure it did.
    grant

11. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

As far as the crotch rockets taking the farm road corner fast, spread some gravel out there. That should slow them down some. (Yes, I ride a motorcycle)

12. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Some guys don't know what is safe and what is not. I rememebr one time I was on the beltline in Raleigh in the Firebird. I was being stupid and going about 110 and this crotch rocket passed me like I was sitting still. If he fell off, his ass would just disintegrate.

13. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I know guys who do that fast Crotch Rocket riding, but they're mostly careful ( I know, oxymoron). It's always a risk to yourself and others when you exceed the speed limit, two and four wheel vehicles both apply here. I have had my bike up to 125+ mph, and it was still pulling hard. That was WAY out in the boonies. People in cars are probably just as much of a risk at high speeds. Especially people who don't know how to drive properly. In most of today's cars, and on bikes, above a certain speed, you're going to die in a crash no matter what, so anything above that is not really a big deal. I however, have kids and a very cool wife I want to stay alive for. And I don't relish the idea of killing someobody. I think it was in FL that a kid was street racing and broadsided a car and killed the driver. Turns out it was his own mother...

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Not saying that the dude was stupid for going that fast. I had a car up to 160 before, but not on a busy road. I was being stupid for going 110 on that road, then they went twice as fast through traffic! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

15. 4x4dreamer

you probably know as well as anyone, once you make the Decision to get on (or in) something that is capable of doing that kind of speed, you are taking everyone around you's life in your hands. I'm not saying I've never done stupid things, and never will again, cuz we all forget sometimes, but it's just something to remember. (I sound like my dad). I think having kids is what really opened my eyes. Every time I get on my bike I get a little nervous pang about never seeing my kids again. It helps me be sensible and keep putting on the body armor and helmet.

16. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As far as the crotch rockets taking the farm road corner fast, spread some gravel out there. That should slow them down some. (Yes, I ride a motorcycle)

[/ QUOTE ]that'd prolly do it... sand would have the same effect, minus busted windshields. just be ready for true morons pulling a darwin sideways into the front yard/field this corner borders on.

speaking of idiot bikers, anyone plunk down the coin to go see that horrendous movie `Biker BOyz'? give you a hint: if you havn't, then don't. its not even 1/2 as cool as the fast and the furious, which at least had a water tight plot ( by comparison)

-Rich

17. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed something, is man slaughter legal now.......

John

18. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

I disagree, I didn't say kill him. I said put gravel on the corner. If he is going too fast to control the bike on the road surface, it's his own fault. I wasn't saying kill him, I was merely saying to seperate him from his bike. It's like driving 75 in a 15 zone on ice. It's your fault if you have an accident.

19. 4x4dreamer

gravel can cause somebody doing 15 MPH on a bike to wash out. You may cause a newbie biker to lose it. Not everyone who comes around that corner is going to be doing 75 or higher. I've seen people lose it in sand stopping at a light. Just keep in mind, what you do to stop the racers may inadvertently hurt somebody doing the speed limit.

20. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Or, go down to Walmart and buy some of those big (like 2-foot) playground balls, especially the bright-colored ones. Then sit in your yard, and any time you hear a rocket coming up to the corner, bounce one out into the road. That'll slow 'em down too.