Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fawkin tennis elbow!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jun 17, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I ripped all the tendons in my elbow 2 months ago so I go to the doc and he snickers, you got tennis elbow( yeah yeah we've all heard the joke)so I have another doc give me a cortazone shot(real fawkin fun)in the bone and 2 weeks goes by with me babying the crap out of it and yesterday I just moved my arm funny and ripped it again... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifTo top it off the tennis elbow band I have either makes your arm go numb or doesn't apply enough pressure to the muscle to help alieviate any pain, fawkin right arm is gonna be useless for another month... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

i had the same thing and yes that shot hurts like a mother f'er too. i wanted to kick the doc in his head while giving me the shot. My shot lasted about 3 months before the pain came back...fyi

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The first doc said I fawked it so bad I souldn't use it for a month and when I asked how the hell I was supposed to do that he said he could put it in a cast thats why I opted for the shot from the second doc who said if this didn't work he was going to have to cut it open and file on the bone and then inject it again....I think my summer is hosed... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

ouch.. mine was was just bad tendonitis..i think. still bothers me a year later tho but not all the time. mainly after working out real hard or wrenching all day but motrin really helps keeps the pain down

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Been there, feel your literal pain. I went through 3 cortisone shots over 2 years, only thing that finally fixed it was STOP playing softball, golf and lifting weights for 3 months and physical therapy. Best thing to do is PT and learn how to do 'nerve glides'. To this day I do them before lifting and have had no problems at all in 2 years. Problem with cort is you feel great after a couple of weeks and think you can get right back to usual.............not. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

uhm ouch!@

how did tendons get ripped in tjhe first place ?

i want to know so i know how not to rip them thanks

does this hurt more than teeth nerve rot pain and such ? id hjave like to punch the oral surgeon in the face while getting several shots in the gums just before having teeth removed,

hurt like that ?? or even worse ?

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

it burns really bad and you can't grab anything or pick anything up, it feels just like what happend, it ripped the tendons away from the bone, it hurts... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifI need a better strap for my elbow the one I have does not support it at all..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it burns really bad and you can't grab anything or pick anything up, it feels just like what happend, it ripped the tendons away from the bone, it hurts... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifI need a better strap for my elbow the one I have does not support it at all..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used an Aircast model, which has an air pouch in the strap that adds pressure to your 'hot spot'. Also used one that was microwavable with the pouch being some kind of gel.

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i get tendonitis all the time most people that do masonry do. From lifting wight strat out w/ your forarm, it when good with the hernia i han in my arm too! when i was a kid in one shot dislocated my sholder,elbow, and compound fractured mt for arm (both bones), the one bone punctured my arm, 8 months of casts later i was good but where the bone came out left a hole in the facia of the musle, its what holds the shade of you musle.
    when ever i flex a ping pong size lump would bulge out of the inside of my for arm, good trick freeked people out.

i eventualy had it operated on because of amazing pain it was giveing be, but the doc said they couldnot close it because i am so big and do heavy hadr work i would rip it off, so he opened it up more the plan was to aleavyate the presser adn spread it out, great now insted of hurting when i do heave work it hurts all the time!!!!!!!

this is why i dont go to the hospatal ever.!

sorry to hear about you actualy tearing your tendons i can imagen it would tickle a bit, i guess just rest so you don't f it up permanatly, beter to blow a summer that you life right.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I was looking on the net yesterday and saw the aircast and it looked to be about the best, think I might give it a try, I was so pissed yesterday I took my little motorolla flip phone and put it over my muscle and sinched the strap down tight, it worked.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was looking on the net yesterday and saw the aircast and it looked to be about the best, think I might give it a try, I was so pissed yesterday I took my little motorolla flip phone and put it over my muscle and sinched the strap down tight, it worked.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL......... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif