Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F'ed up, but TRUE!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ARAMP1, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

HA HA, i love it. i wish i could do that here sometimes.

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

People truely do get upset if you go the speed limit around here...

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

That was the 285 out in Atlanta. I've driven that strecth about a gillion times, and they are 100% when they say 75 is the norm. The 285 is a notorious highway, it loops around Atlanta and is the craziest highway I have ever seen in my life. It's stupid how much doing the "right" thing affects so many in a negative way. If you did that all day, eventually someone would get hurt.

The only higway I have ever seen get as crazy as I-285 was I-5 in LA on 4th of July.

Cool Vid!

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

That is screwed up. They aren't the police and have no business trying enforce their version of the speed limit.

What ever happened to "Slower Traffic Move Right"? Had a guy yesterday that would NOT move over and was piling up people behind him. He caused several unsafe conditions b/c people got so fed up with him that they passed where they should not have. A simple courtesy to your fellow drivers goes a long ways towards us ALL making it home.

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

now don't get all bent out of shape... they had every right to do exactly the speed limit in each lane. The "Slower Traffic Move Right" rule was designed for people who are going UNDER the speed limit... it's not their fault every dickhead behind them wanted to break the law. They weren't - how did you put it - enforcing their own version of the speed limit, they were doing 55mph in all lanes of traffic, which IS the posted limit on that highway. I see nothing wrong with it. They didn't cause the unsafe condition, the assholes behind them did.

On a side note, I'm gonna call all my friends, and do that between Milwaukee and Madison one day this summer. The speed limit is 65 and traffic moves along easily at 85 on a good day, 75 otherwise. We'll bring along a bunch of video cameras too and have them all mounted on our cars at key spots...

7. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

we need more people to do that. the only reason I like to drive the speed limit, especially in my truck, is to annoy the morons that believe they have a god-given right to drive however fast they want to. :D

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'm with you , although my wife doesn't agree .

The move right thing is for cars who can't maintain the limit .

Nascar does the same thing when you repair your car , have to keep the minimum speed up .

I like to stay put and **** the people behind me . I am already braking the limit by a few mph , what gives them the right to break it MORE than I :D

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That was cool... I'd love to do that here, but we'd get shot...

10. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

that would be funny if there was a cop behind those guys, and he couldn't do anything about it:haha:

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Too funny, I live just outside Atlanta (but close enough that I'm considered in the metro area) so I'm on 285 all the time. It would have sucked to get stuck in their experiment, but is it worse than when the dolts have to slow down to 40 to look at the accident on the other side of the road? There are plenty of people doing stupid stuff on 285 every day. That was minor, ever seen a van that has doubled in height due to ladders? They had a good point, if fallowing the law is that dangerous it either needs to be changed (or enforced).

12. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

you havent seen rude drivers till you have a 2995 silverado driving suit coming up behind you as fast as he can then riding your ass. I had one today slowed it up to about 35 mph. I thought he was going to smash my truck...