Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Federal Mogul part# for D60 pinion seal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by destinbeachman, Nov 9, 2006.

1. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Is it 9316? The counter guys at the local shops hate it when they see me coming through the door.You know,the old "what vehicle and year is it?".I'm like "dude,you can't get me a set of header gaskets for a BBC with oval port heads?" Or I tell 'em the seal is for a D60 front out of a CUCV and they're like "oh,military,huh?Hmmm...",like the militery used special parts on their trucks.They just can't look up anything on their computers without knowing what your year,make and model is.I miss the old timers who would haggle amongst themselves for a few minutes over the year breakdowns and whatnot and then step into the back for a second and come out with the part you needed.What happened to those guys?Anyway,thanks in advance-Allen

2. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

so beat them at their own game. Look at it as a challenge to find the model the parts are listed under, and then remember it. At Checker, d44 axles seals (at the diff, for a front axle) are only listed under dodge models with d44 fronts. W100 was the application I ended up finding.

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately most parts places hire people who can use a computer, and care less if they know anything about cars. Its best to not raise your blood pressure, and just know what application for your parts.

D60 for me means saying the vehicle is a 1979 K30, fuel injection is a 1989 suburban, etc.

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

9316 is the right #!

5. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help.It's much appreciated.-Allen