Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Feeling Bad....Lost one of our kids (animals) tonite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 88Silverado, Oct 31, 2004.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well...Halloween will now be a sad reminder for my wife and I. For years we tried to have kids but the Doc's said it probably wouldnt happen, so we share that love with our animals.

On Monday, our indoor cat (Clyde) was in the garage while my wife was doing laundry. She had the side door open cuz she just threw out some trash. All of a sudden she hears this terrible scream and sees 2 dogs running out of the garage with the cat. She was able to get them to drop the cat by the driveway and she grabbed the cat and took him to the vet. She called me and I came home and found the dogs, locked them up in may garage and called animal control. Turns out the dogs are from the next block and broke out of the yard.

Clyde had suffered 6 broken ribs and bad bleeding but did not break his spine or puncture his lung. He spent that day at the vet and we transported him to the animal 24hr emergency clinic that night. We picked him up the next day and he looked real good, but scared. The vet wanted to keep him for another night. When we got him the next day, he didnt look good. Kinda zombied and walking funny. Vet said probably the injury setting in and take him home.

Late that night (wed) he started breathing really funny. Kinda figured it was is injury. Took him back to the vet Thurs AM and the vet said he needed to go to the animal emergency hospital in Los Angeles. We drove him 65 miles to the hospital where they said he had fluid in the lungs and body temp was too low. He spent Thurs, Fri & Sat in an Oxygen tank and was stable by Sat nite. The vet called at 9PM sat nite and said he was doing great and could go home. We decided to drive down that nite.

When we got there we discovered he was breathing well but he couldnt walk. Doctor thought that was funny since he had been walking around an hour before then diagnosed he just passed a blood clot and it lodged in the back leg. He said the cat was very frightened and would probably do better at home and the clot should pass. We brought him home last night and both stayed up all nite and thru today with him. He didnt look good today and this eve at 6PM, when we were holding him he appeared to have a heart attack and died in our arms /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We just got back from the 24hr hospital where we took him to be creamated. Holloween Sucked because of a couple loose dogs. I dont care that the vet bills just topped $1500, we did everything and lost one of our kids. My wife is devistated. This is the one she raised from a kitten and sleeps with her at nite, wakes her up in the morning and sits in her lap while watching TV. She lost her close uncle 4 months ago and her brother 2 months ago now this.

We will deeply miss you Clyde.....
    [​IMG]

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

sorry to hear that man. our animals are very close to us too. we've got a bit of a zoo here, 3 cats, and 2 border collies. i cant imagine what you're going through right now.

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear. I've felt that pain before. Hope your wife feels better about this soon.

jakeslim

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sorry too hear about it. My cats are part of the family also, so I understand. When it's time, think of getting a kitten. I recomend the Ragdoll breed. Very loving.

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Dude sorry, I have a cat that we have had since she was a kitten and she is know 19 yrs old, I cant even imagine the day when she passes.
    At least she passed pretty fast and didnt suffer much.
    I would have killed those dogs even if I do have a soft spot for cats and dogs.
    RIP /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

its gonna be tough when my animals go. theres just somethin about them runnin up to you all excited-like when you get home. sorry to hear that /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My family's condolences are with you and your wife. We have lost many pets over the years and unfortunately know the emotions involved in the loss of a pet family member.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I thought for sure we had lost one of our dogs last week but after many days she turned up at the pound. Big relief!!
    We've lost animals round here and it never gets any easier.
    Our thoughts are with y'all and I hope you can find it in your hearts to give a home to a shelter animal here in the near future.

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Very sorry to hear about your sudden and devistating loss. But remember all the good times that Clyde was able to have with you and your wife. You will never be able to replace Clyde but you will always have the memories.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, sorry to hear it.