Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Feeling bad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This morning was very hard for me. Had too take one of the cats in to the vet too be put down. We'd had her over 20 years, so needless too say, we got pretty attached. Man, this sucks !!!!! She was a very loving animal, in good health, but she wouldn't use the litter box anymore. We just couldn't have her pissing in the carpet. I'm at a loss for words. I feel like such a heartless bastard. We've tried about everything the vet told us, and nothing worked. I feel guilty, she trusted me. :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1:

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My g/f had to take one of her dogs to the vet on Wed. to be put down. He had attacked their neighbors dog, so her mom told her she either had to find another home for it, or have it put down. She went on a rampage looking for that dog a home, but no one wanted it. My g/f is 100% animal lover. She owns horses and trains them, has many dogs and 2 cats. The particular dog she had to have put down was a dog she rescued from somewhere. She just kept telling me that she was a bad person because she couldn't give him any more time. It was hard to deal with, but I believe she's calmed down some now. I'll tell you like I told her though. Don't mourn the loss, celebrate the life.

3. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

that sucks man we had a cat for around 14 years that we had to put down for a similar reason.

the vet told us it had gotten some sort of urinary infection and it began to associate the pain of urinating with its litterbox. sad stuff, cuz otherwise that cat acted like it was pretty young.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sorry to hear of your loss..

My condolances to Z3PR...I've lost quite a few feline friends over the years..its like losing a family member..

I have 2 "indoor" cats now,one is a short haired white one(Kit-Kat) about 7 years old??--we got him about a year or two ago when his owner couldn't keep it any longer..

The other is a long haired angora white female,("Puff-Puff)and she's probably about 5 years old..both love to "scarf and barf" their food--they eat too much too fast,next thing you know there is a mess to clean up!..but I love them both,and would be heartbroke if either died..

One cat I had ,a brown tiger named "Rusty" was the best lap cat I ever had---he'd jump in your lap and purr for hours..when he finally died at age 11,I was very upset..even as he was failing,he'd still struggle to climb up into my lap,and he'd dig in his claws,like he didn't want to ever get off again..

I had to have my younger brother take him to be put down..I couldn't deal with it..he was by far the best cat we ever had so far..the others wont sit ON your lap,only sit next to you..

My mother feeds a bunch of feral strays--none are tame enough to even touch..I had to get the MSPCA to help us catch and neuter them,earlier this year we had over 20 of them..they spay them for free,but you have to keep the cat,they won't take adult cats for adoption,only kittens less than 4 months old..

I'd say at least 15 have been neutered,and many kittens have found homes while they were in the MSPCA shelter getting "fixed"..I only pray they can catch ALL of them and put an end to the overpopulation of cats in my yard..

Hope your grief is only temporary--I still expect to see "Rusty" walk in the room every day,and he's been gone at least 3-4 years now..:crazy:

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear it man, we had to put down "Sidney" about 4 months ago for pretty much the same reasons plus swiping at my daughter, he was about 16 years old.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm taking it okay, but it's really bothering my mother. Tarbaby was a loving cat, and she lived a good life, (about as good as it can get for a cat) I still feel bad having too have her put down, but that's all part of life I guess. It was a hard descion too make, we tried all we could, but in the end she kept pissing on the carpet all over the apt. I've been running the carpet shampooer most of the morning, hopefully I can get the smell out. My mothers bedroom was really bad. I can't smell the cat piss now, but we'll see if it returns in a few days.

7. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear that man. We had a Maine Coon that developed a urinary tract problem. My wife and I debated for hours over the surgery or let him live it out as long as possible. In the end he died shortly after an operation meant to help him. One year and a day later my daughter was born though. :laugh:

About the odor, try to find a product called Odoban. We have used it and this stuff works very well. You might also need to pull back the carpet and clean or change the padding if it persists. Good luck, again, I am sorry for your loss.

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Take it in stride man, it's not always good, but it happens.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

X2 on the carpet pad and odoban, I had to pull the pad in the room where his box was (at least he kept going close to it I guess) after steaming it three times. That piss smell just kept coming back.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have a spray called "Urine Off". It's not cheap by any means, $25.00 a bottle.

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

r.i.p. ... ... little buddy you will be missed and never forgoten.