Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Feeling lost

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by JDBlazer454, Aug 25, 2004.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Well as most of you know and probably read I sold my 83 Blazer today, most sad feeling I have had in a long time...didn't really want to give it up but had to for my family. She now belongs to a K5 fan who lives in NV so if anyone lives there say hi to him, they are a super couple that I know will give it a loving home. I have always had at least one Blazer taking up driveway space and for the first time in years I am almost Blazerless. Am I to be tarred and feathered and taken out back for a beating now that I had to give up my baby /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Still not totally Blazerless still got this one
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Here is a pic of her on the tow truck halfway to Medford during one of our pitstops /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    [​IMG]

But on an upnote Jeff finally got his 2005 International flatbed tow truck today after waiting for over a month, my god its friggin awesome!!!!! Just feeling drained after driving for 12 hours and being overbeared with emotions....time to hit the hay now that my beer is kickin in /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Kinda know your feeling. I just got a call from my insurance company about the fire on my restored 71 ElCamino. Total damage came out to $19,000....They;re going to total it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Im waiting for the buy-back offer but I figure it will cost me a minimum of 8K to get it back to where it was plus all my time.....again. Worked on it for 5 years and took it from a junker to a bitchen street car only to have it die in a engine fire.....

Wife doesnt understand why im so bummed about it....she doesnt have a clue about feelings for something you have had or worked on and became attached to. At least I still have my Blazer to help me through.

Good luck..time will make it better /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. JDBlazer454

Wow now that would bum me bad /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Man I was really rambling on that first post guess I shouldn't drink and post /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I am now finding myself staring at other Blazers and sighing deeply. In time I will build something else just for now I gotta put my family first.

But on an upnote we are moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got the house we wanted just off of 164th and Mill Plain /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Its just over 1700 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, paved driveway (trust me this is something I haven't had in 8 years), fenced yard with a nice kennel for our little pooch we have now, and a LR and FR with a fireplace /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Gonna have to have a CK5 bbq at my place soon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't worry about donating bodies for the move we have plenty of helpers already the guys at Jeff's work are awesome and offered their help, unless you want to come up and claim some chevy parts that I don't feel like moving /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif In the next week we will be doing a little purging of garage stuff (parts and maybe tools) so wait for the post to see what we got..most of it will probably be free.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Free stuff /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Let me know what you want cleared out. I have a friend driving down to Vancouver tonight that could pick some stuff up for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif PM me a phone # to reach you at too.

5. kennyw

Hey, wont be too hard to build another K5 though after you get settled into your new place. Just think full convertable for the next one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. kennyw

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I know the feeling, smprider112 now has mine. worst part is, Im now referred to as the "previous owner" even though im right here, reading the same stuff /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. JDBlazer454

It won't be until after this weekend and Jeff gets some energy to start clearing the shed and garage out. I'll PM ya my # when we are ready.

That 75 is a bit much for me right now I think for a few years we are going to be traitors and focus our attention on getting the Bel Air on the road and body work on the Camaro done. Maybe next Blazer will be a first gen /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Most of all I am just wanting to build something different, something first gen...stock bumpers.....pretty paint.....nice interior with billet trim....4 inches of lift.....etc....etc....can you tell I put alot of thought into it already I refuse to admit I have a problem /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. kennyw

Doesnt sound like a problem to me, just another addiction /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

LoL

reading the posts about "I cant believe what the P/O did to this truck... what an asshat" thats gotta suck. Which is the #1 reason why I will never sell my truck to someone I know or someone from this list (unless the money is right).

I dont want EVERYONE to know what kind of asshat I am, just those fortunate enough to have wheeled or worked with me.

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

when your ready for a 1st gen, lemme know, I have a couple of them that I am pretty sure could be had for a good price.

12. JDBlazer454

No kidding about the asshat remark I can totally agree with people thinking that of me too. I am just glad mine went as far away as it did so I don't have to feel the sting of seeing someone else drive it or hear about how screwed up something was.

When I am ready Topdown you will of course be the first to know, you just seem to have the hook up for 1st gens for sale /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif