Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Feeling naked and alone.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 31, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Getting ready to install a 6" lift kit on my old 76 K/5. Bad thing is that I live in a trailer trash hell where the manager kisses all the old geaser's a$$'s, so now no one is alowed to work on our vichiles in the trailer park. Luckly, I have some relitives here in town that own a custom auto shop. I parked the K/5 down there this afternoon. I'll be able too start work on it in about a week. Had to park it there so they'll think about me and not move another vichile in befor I can use some shop space. Stock front left leaf spring getting worse. Makeing me afraid it'll come apart while I'm driving it. I'm just waiting for them to finish building a 67 Corvette drag car, then I can start wrenching on the Blazer. I just hate being with out it. My driveway looks so empty now.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I know how you feel. I had to trade with the wife due to work. She gets the K5 with the vibration that only I can feel and I get stuck with the Honda Accord POS.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel Paul. I got used to seeing PI out front, then I took it off the road for a few months, and parked it at my mom and dads house. I dont know how many mornings I walked outside for a cig. in the morning and FREAKED out thinking it was stolen.

BTW start doing some stuff on the geezers cars for them. My buddy did that and it worked. He wasnt supposed to do major stuff on cars at his place. He seen his neighbor changing the plugs one day and offered to help. And then the other neighbor, and so on. Next thing you know he was pulling the motor in his truck. Changing trannys. Swapping axles ETC.

Worked for him.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I feel your pain.. Mines been at a buddys shop for 2 months now. The engine pull only took a few hours, but cleaning all the crap off the pieces and engine compartment at 2 hours a week realy sucks. Were almost ready to put it back in then well dedicate a day to lift it and I'll be happy again.

I hate driving the Furd each day.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd be happy to do some free work on the older peoples cars, but now it's in the trailer park rules that no work on vichiles is alowed with in the park. Oh well, I just have to wait for space to open up at the shop. At the momment, all 12 bays are full. It'll be 4 to 6 days befor one opens up. I gess I'll just have to wait.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

It didnt happen over nite. It took him a few months, of working on bigger and bigger stuff to get up to where he was doing anything he wanted.

I know what its like to have to wait to get in the shop. My dad may own the shop I work at, but I cant get IN the shop whenever I want. I can do whatever I want up there but I may have to do it outside.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm thankfull that the relitives have a shop here locally. I can wait for a bay to open up, it won't kill me. Plus my cousin (shop owner) said he'd make sure the pinion angles are set correctly. I've never done a lift kit befor, so he's going to walk me through it. Ended up getting Superlift front springs, and the rest is all Pro Comp. Have to use blocks and add a leaf in the rear till I can aford the shackle flip and new springs.

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm not the only one who is attached to my truck? LOL. Sometimes hubby sneaks it away on me when he leaves for work. I hate that. I want to put some pink on it so he maybe doesn't take it anymore. I had to use the Cavalier this week to take my mom-in-law to an appointment, and as soon as I dropped her off at home I drove across town to get my truck back :-). Love it. Going to go play with it now.