Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Feeling out the Market...

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by laketex, Jul 30, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Is there any demand for custom cages around here? Micheal and I have been making these tube doors for a little bit now, but I've been thinking about doing cages for people. This wouldn't be a cage kit since there's just too many factors for us to deal with. Hmmm, I said "us". Hey Micheal, what do you think? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

What I'm thinking, is you drive your truck up and leave it with us for a weekend. We can put a 4 or 6 point cage in using your general specs with some basic options. Would there be any interest in this sort of thing? I think we could be pretty competitive with the kit manufacturers since the owner wouldn't have to do anything besides drop it off and pick it up. Like I said, I haven't made any arrangements yet, just trying to feel out the market.

Bryan

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I would be interested, but what if we bought a kit and you just added here and modified there.... Could you do that? Did you ever find anything out on if you could fab up some 1st gen doors? Thanks /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

We might could do something like that. We'd have to see on the kit. As for the half doors, we're in the r&d phase right now.

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sure am! I am at the stage of my build up where I am considering a cage. I would make a trek from Oklahoma City to have a custom built cage.

John

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Good. I'm thinking of doing maybe 2 per month since we both have real jobs too. I'll work on getting some pics up on a webpage somewhere.

6. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I'm interested in a cage setup like the camo blazer in last month's issue of 4wheel and off road..
    The lime green getup...
    I'd need it for my 89 Blazer.. and I'd love to give you and Michael the business.. I'm sooooooo pleased with the door's I just bought.

7. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Hey Bryan
    Would you be willing to build one for my Jeep truck ? The topless one.
    I have a cab I could leave with you, just work on it when you can.
    Let me know. Thanks Ray

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Jeep, chevy, toyota....all the same to me. I'm not brand loyal. I'll have my truck out of there in about 3 weeks and we can see about getting yours in there and started. Shouldn't take but a weekend to do a cage for the actual truck. You should get one done for your Powerjoke too!!!